JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   o/t Twilight (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1487247-o-t-twilight.html)

momopotamus March 21st, 2009 11:11 AM

o/t Twilight

Have you seen it/read the book? Im thinking about watching the movie tonight, just because of all the hype. What do you think if you've seen it? Like it?

Jaylas_Mommy March 21st, 2009 11:45 AM

Re: o/t Twilight

i havnt seen it and i dont want to. i think all the hype is turning me away from it actually.

CriscoNinja March 21st, 2009 12:32 PM

I really enjoyed the books. The movie of course in my opinion doesn't do the book justice, but it's still good, and there were quite a few laughs in it. :P

SurroDoula March 21st, 2009 12:34 PM

Loved the books, but as usual, the book is better than the movie, which I still enjoyed watching.

CautiousMommy March 21st, 2009 01:32 PM

The books were a wonderful read! I have read them 3 times now. Of course the movie did not do the book justice, hopefully with a new director New Moon will be closer to the book. I definitely recommend the read. I didnt understand the big deal about a vampire...not into sci-fi. But my SIL begged me to go see Twilight with her when it came out in the movies so I did...and I was hooked!

*Meg* March 21st, 2009 02:46 PM

I also don't read sci-fi and the vampire topic turned me off initially but eventually I became curious and what do you know- I became hooked!
It is such a sweet story about how innocent first love is. I def recommend the book over the movie. Its a fast read too.

mrscheriezach March 22nd, 2009 11:28 AM

i didnt care for the movie, i like vampire movies, i like sappy love stories, and i even dont mind hype, but i just didnt care for it much :( but i can see where a book would be excellent.

Vmarie5 March 22nd, 2009 11:46 AM

i really liked the movie... but maybe because i didnt read the book. I'm a sap and really enjoyed the "love story" behind it all..

BellaBellski March 22nd, 2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmarie4 (Post 15002680)
i really liked the movie... but maybe because i didnt read the book. I'm a sap and really enjoyed the "love story" behind it all..

:ditto:

momopotamus March 22nd, 2009 04:59 PM

I broke down and rented it last night. I enjoyed it :)

xoleaxo March 22nd, 2009 10:29 PM

i guess it's just me that thinks the movie was horrible and cheesy.. lol. i couldn't stop laughing in the theatre.. i felt the angry stares of every tween and her mother behind me!

mom2gabeandjae March 23rd, 2009 04:28 AM

Holy Cow....My neighbor and I watched the movie to see what all the fuss was about it and I completely get it. We were picking through the whole move that grown women were obsessing about the characters, but there came a point where we were both convinced that it was worth the 3.99 we paid to watch it. After the movie was over at midnight, we hightailed it to Wally world to buy the first to books and I am almost half way done with the first one. So far I am pleased with the book, but only time will tell. I am still holding out for Potter to come out.

SusieQ2 March 23rd, 2009 04:32 AM

My stepdaughter and I read the books last summer and we loved them. They are fun to read as long as you aren't expecting some literary work of art or anything.

The movie was kind of cheesy but it was low budget and they did fairly well with what they had to work with. I suggest reading the books first that way you're already really into it.

Genevieve's_mommy March 23rd, 2009 06:14 AM

i loved the books. but i havent been able to bring myself to watch the movie.. hollywood messes books up sometimes =))