JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   back from appt... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1493128-back-appt.html)

Vmarie5 March 25th, 2009 02:10 PM

back from appt...

after spotting and cramping.. i went to the doc again.. and she did another u/s and everything is fine.

She said my placenta is over my cervix right now and thats what caused the bleeding. The cramping is probably fome the placenta also, since it was VERY mild.

baby looks great.. bigger than last time, and moving all around.

she only did a quic u/s, for about 30 sec to make sure everything was in order.. and it was!!

so far i dont see anything between its legs.. but we will have to wait and see!

sorry about the pic of a pic.. but it was the fastest way!!

http://i43.tinypic.com/ru0kmf.jpg

***forgot to mention***

bed rest for 2 weeks minimum... GRRR

Snowpeas March 25th, 2009 02:34 PM

Re: back from appt...

I'm so glad to hear the good news!

CriscoNinja March 25th, 2009 03:40 PM

Glad to hear the good news!! Boo for bed rest! But it's good to hear everything is OK... :D

Mrs.Shirley March 25th, 2009 03:45 PM

Bed rest stinks, but the cause is worth it. I'm so glad that you have such a great update to share.

CautiousMommy March 25th, 2009 04:11 PM

Glad to hear everything went well today:) Bed rest stinks but at least you know your little one is going to be ok! I am glad you posted the U/S I have my nuchal transperancy ultrasound at 12w5d, so I am hoping and praying we can find out the sex. But I am sure it will still be just a tad bit early

CohensMommy March 25th, 2009 04:13 PM

boo...bedrest does stink, but i'm glad to hear everything's looking good!!

karsynsmama March 25th, 2009 04:14 PM

thats wonderful news hunny!!! boo for bedrest tho!!!

*Jennifer* March 25th, 2009 04:15 PM

I'm glad everything is okay.

Jaylas_Mommy March 25th, 2009 04:36 PM

im so glad things are ok!!

momopotamus March 25th, 2009 04:37 PM

glad everythings ok. With my son my placenta was laying low over my cervix for a while, it eventually moved up to where it needed to be around 18 weeks.

MellieB March 25th, 2009 04:39 PM

Yay for good news.

.kristen. March 25th, 2009 04:41 PM

I hate bed rest, but do they think the placenta will move while the pregnancy progresses? I've never had previa in early pregnancy, last time was the only time I had it and they didn't see it until 16 weeks. I'm new to knowing where the placenta is. This time it is high.

~Paula~ March 25th, 2009 06:38 PM

Oh thank God, I've been waiting for this post!! I'm so glad everything is ok with your bean! Bedrest sucks but so worth it. Grab some books and try to enjoy it.

Vmarie5 March 25th, 2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .kristen. (Post 15059259)
I hate bed rest, but do they think the placenta will move while the pregnancy progresses? I've never had previa in early pregnancy, last time was the only time I had it and they didn't see it until 16 weeks. I'm new to knowing where the placenta is. This time it is high.

i never knew where it was b4... but she pointed it out last u/s too and said "its still over your cervix" so im guessing it was last time.. but she also said "its moving up a little"

and is putting money on that being the cause of the spotting... but she said it "should" move and gave me a few statistics on previa.. and it sounds pretty rare.. so im not worried and neither is she..

SusieQ2 March 25th, 2009 07:13 PM

I'm glad everything is ok. I had the same problems with my first pregnancy. The placenta moved up on it's own and I didn't have any more trouble. For a while I was to stay off my feet as much as possible, no heavy lifting and no sex.

sunshinechica March 25th, 2009 07:20 PM

That's great news!

tracemomof3 March 25th, 2009 07:21 PM

So glad your little one is ok!

drewbears March 26th, 2009 09:31 AM

Glad baby is okay.

Did they say if this is the start to placenta previa or anything?? I am really nervous about that.