JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Dizzy, lightheaded, & weak (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1499188-dizzy-lightheaded-and-weak.html)

oicyur March 30th, 2009 07:51 AM

Dizzy, lightheaded, & weak

I don't post a lot, but I lurk all the time. I'm 12 weeks now, and about a week ago I started feeling super dizzy, lightheaded, and weak, with the occassional headache and nausea due to the first 3 symptoms mentioned. Now, the day before this started I had just gotten back from a cruise, so I understood the dizziness from regaining my land legs, but the other symptoms fit the anemic symptoms. I thought for sure I had anemia because I've had it with my other 2 pregnancies and that's exactly how it feels, but I went and got my blood checked and the iron is at 13, and they say 10 is a good number. So I'm not anemic and it's not getting any better. Any ideas on what could be wrong with me?!? :huh:

corey92902 March 30th, 2009 07:57 AM

Re: Dizzy, lightheaded, & weak

you can get dizzy and lightheaded from dehydration as well... Increase your fluids. and take it easy for a while. I hope it helps you.

Snowpeas March 30th, 2009 09:51 AM

Dehydration or low blood pressure are two things that leap to mind.

I hope it goes away for you soon!

MommaDucks March 30th, 2009 09:56 AM

I had the same symptoms with Collin from 14w-20something, was a low thyroid...

maybe a bug from the cruise?

BaileyEliChase March 30th, 2009 10:08 AM

Sounds like dehydration.
I think me and a couple of the girls touched this a couple weeks ago.
I felt the less I drank, the more the headaches came.
Yours could me more like migraines which are making you light-headed and dizzy.
Do you often have to lay in a dark room? Or put something over your eyes?

High or low blood pressure does that too. Good luck!!

stellaluna896 March 30th, 2009 12:33 PM

It could also be low blood sugar. Try eating small means often. Don't let yourself get really hungry before eating again. And like the other ladies said, make sure you are drinking lots of fluids.

.kristen. March 30th, 2009 12:41 PM

I have low blood sugar and they said it could cause it. I have to keep some kind of life savers or crackers with me at all time because it hits me all of a sudden. I get it a lot in stores with the heat. It could be a lot a reasons, most of the time they will not have a definite reason for it. I wish I could help, but see if a cracker or a sip of sugar stuff helps.