JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   My Theory - think it's bogus? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1499217-my-theory-think-its-bogus.html)

*Hayley* March 30th, 2009 08:06 AM

My Theory - think it's bogus?

I have developed a theory that i'm having a boy because I had a very clear very early BFP. if male sperm are faster, but die quicker...doesn't it seem MORE likely that a male sperm fertilized my egg, meaning earlier implantation meaning earlier BFP.

:lol: this is how i pass the time. of course i know there is no definite way of knowing until the scan...but it's fun to ponder.

SusieQ2 March 30th, 2009 08:08 AM

Re: My Theory - think it's bogus?

LOL You never know! Of course you could have ovulated earlier than you thought and therefore your BFP wasn't as early as you thought so maybe it's a girl! LOL!

Christine_D March 30th, 2009 08:11 AM

I had a very dark BFP as well - but have the feeling its a girl. I waited until the first day of my missed period to test with FMU and First Response - so I would have been 14 or 15 dpo = dark BFP.

But I do like your theory - guess we'll just have to wait and see. The suspense is building though!

Genevieve's_mommy March 30th, 2009 08:28 AM

i didnt get a BFP until i was 2 weeks late! and even then it wasnt really dark

mamatolots March 30th, 2009 08:34 AM

Good theory but I do believe there have been studies showing that girls produce higher levels of hcg. ;) Maybe google it but I know I have read it. That could explain getting an early bfp, too. :D

corey92902 March 30th, 2009 08:36 AM

A hole in your theory.... With my twins I got a BFP with a digital with afternoon pee at just 9DPO. They were both little girls.

mamatolots March 30th, 2009 08:38 AM

Oh, wanted to add my boy theory. LOL! I know the date of conception and it matched right on with the u/s after the Dr wanted to use a date that was a week earlier going by my lmp.

Because of this, I also think boy because boy sperm travels faster so they obviously got there and "get her done" like they were supposed to. LOL!

However, with a few of my girls...most of them actually, I have gotten pg when I know those spermies had to have hung around about a week or so until I ovulated. Since girl sperm live longer, it *is* possible that our "relations" the week before resulted in a girl sperm just sitting and waiting for the right moment to POUNCE! LOL!!

Usually I would know either way but, let's just say, dh was seeing more action than usual. ;)

~Paula~ March 30th, 2009 09:37 AM

I had a blaring BFP at 9dpo with EMILY! So no, I don't think your theory is right. lol

fishysticks March 30th, 2009 09:46 AM

:lol: i'm the last one to weigh in on theories, as I have SUPER CRAZY ONES of my own!

megan72782 March 30th, 2009 09:59 AM

I ovulated on the 24th. We DTD the 21st, and the 24th, so I could have had a little girl sperm ready and waiting, or I could have had a boy sperm go straight for the gold. I also had a really dark early (2 days before my period was due) line. It was afternoon pee, after holding it for just 2 hours.

I keep thinking I'm having a boy. I think just because of DTD on ovulation day.

Snowpeas March 30th, 2009 10:17 AM

I thought I dtd the on ovulation day but the u/s said I conceived three days later so now I have no idea.

I have some wacky theories of my own.. I can't wait to find out for sure. Then I'll need something else to obsess over. lol

Excited4Oct March 30th, 2009 10:56 AM

This is so funny because I was thinking the same thing, except I didn't get a BFP until a week after AF was due, so I was thinking I was having a girl (since the female sperm live longer)

.kristen. March 30th, 2009 12:20 PM

well at least I'm not the ONLY crazy one here. I try to figure out the same thing and why I bleed and the pain. I sit at night while the boys are sleeping, because it is usually just me chit chat with my dog the logical reasons for all of the symptoms happening.

*Hayley* March 30th, 2009 01:21 PM

i didn't even think about all the swimmers from the days before...hmmmm... darn well there goes that theory haha!