JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   pains in my uterin areas (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1525999-pains-my-uterin-areas.html)

Genevieve's_mommy April 18th, 2009 11:49 AM

pains in my uterin areas

it feels like being stabbed.. what is it?? there is NO blood and it moves around. could ti be baby kicks?

rachelwilber April 18th, 2009 12:01 PM

Re: pains in my uterin areas

It might be. Does it hurt a lot?

BaileyEliChase April 18th, 2009 12:42 PM

During the third or fourth month of pregnancy, women frequently get a sharp stabbing pain in their groin or to one side. It may come on at sudden intervals, might be worse if you suddenly get up, stretch or move and it might disappear then reappear a few days later. It can be really worrying to suddenly get pains like this, but usually it's due to the ligaments or muscles around your uterus in your pelvis stretch and thicken as they support your growing baby.

Constipation, bloating and wind can also cause aches, pains and abdominal discomfort. Constipation is often caused by the pressure of your growing bump on your rectum, as well as hormones which are said to slow down the movement of food through your digestive system. These factors are also involved in bloating and wind too, with your growing uterus pressing on your intestines and causing wind.

I found that on the web. Thats what I thought it was, baby feels more like a flutter right now

hoping4more April 18th, 2009 01:20 PM

i agree with bailey.... im already getting the pains this early on to :( try not to over stretch yourself. i remember in my early third tri. i jogged back in from the outer fields with my little puppy... we were trying to keep up with my hubby on the tractor... anyway i felt fine until i stopped and realized after that i really hurt myself. i couldnt step up to get into the suv or even into bed, i couldnt even lift up my legs to get dressed. my hubby had to seriously dress me get me into bed and into the vehicle... it was terrible. of course i dont think it could get that severe at this point.. but im thinking thats exactly what it is.

Genevieve's_mommy April 18th, 2009 04:55 PM

yeah its kinda painful!

Thanks Bailey and Renees mommy!

~Paula~ April 18th, 2009 05:58 PM

It's not the baby, kicking doesn't hurt... yet. lol

Snowpeas April 18th, 2009 06:12 PM

I used to get that when I moved a certain way or rolled over in bed. I always thought it was round ligament pain.

Jaylas_Mommy April 18th, 2009 06:13 PM

i agree with above. i get these too. im sure its just stretching and growing!

Genevieve's_mommy April 19th, 2009 08:02 AM

ok. i wasnt sure. it hurts! LOL it hasnt hurt since early yesterday though im not going to jinx it since its still early today

klt April 19th, 2009 09:01 AM

Yep, it's round ligament pain. Tends to hurt many women more on the right side. It can feel like stabbing, pulling, stretching. And, it's really common for women at this point in pregnancy. I get it the worst when I sneeze. HOLY COW...that hurts...espcially if I'm laying down! I've learned to sit up quick (well, as quick as I can) before sneezing. With allergy season here, it's like I'm doing sit-ups (well, with the help of using my arms to get up :p Those tummy muscles sure aren't the same as they used to be...) Hope it feels better soon!

BentleysMommy April 19th, 2009 09:37 PM

I had the same thing about two/three weeks ago (around the same time as you are now) and it's ok - it does go away and was told it was the ligaments (as someone else mentioned) but I found it very painfull and worrisome! But don't worry - it's quite normal apparently.

fishysticks April 19th, 2009 09:39 PM

ligament pain! never had it with Holden but I have it BAD with this baby and it is NOT FUN. happens when I sneeze, too.

drewbears April 20th, 2009 05:18 AM

likely things still stretching and growing.