JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Will you be bringing a laptop to the hospital when you have your baby?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1527247-will-you-bringing-laptop-to-hospital-when-you-have-your-baby.html)

drewbears April 19th, 2009 03:55 PM

Will you be bringing a laptop to the hospital when you have your baby??

how many of you are so addicted you can't go without when you have the baby?? LOL

momopotamus April 19th, 2009 03:58 PM

Re: Will you be bringing a laptop to the hospital when you have your baby??

i brought it when I had my son, but i never ended up using it. So much going on, honestly the last thing I thought about was going online! lol even to tell everyone! I relied on word of mouth until I got home.

~Paula~ April 19th, 2009 04:32 PM

I'm going to take it but I doubt I'll use it. With visitors and nurses in and out and holding the baby, when I get a second, I need sleep. lol

MellieB April 19th, 2009 04:37 PM

I won't be there long enough to care.

hoping4more April 19th, 2009 04:40 PM

im def. not bringing it :) i never used anything i ever brought. it seemed i was feeding continuously, and when i wasnt someone was visiting me.... then of course i went home.

Jaylas_Mommy April 19th, 2009 04:41 PM

if it has wi-fi then yes i will.

FyreMommy2B April 19th, 2009 04:55 PM

I'm sure we'll bring it so that Jake can email pics to family etc if he finds the time. I will probably not get online as I'll have too much on my mind and once the baby arrives I will be soley focused on that and our family.

monica8 April 19th, 2009 05:16 PM

i dont have a laptop, but wouldn't bring it anyways

ms.crystal April 19th, 2009 05:50 PM

I can see me taking it to the hospital, but depending on the pain is if I use it or not

CautiousMommy April 19th, 2009 05:58 PM

I dont know guess it depends. Might bring it to use while in labor, to keep my mind off of it all...but after the baby is born there is no time for a laptop. Plus I am going home the next day, trying not to have to wait 2 days.

fishysticks April 19th, 2009 06:24 PM

assuming it doesn't BREAK right before I go to the hospital like last time, yes.

My friend brought hers and I struggled through typing a post on JM because as soon as she showed up I went into active labor :rofl:

onedaysoon April 19th, 2009 06:29 PM

I will probably bring it, but more for DH to use.

SusieQ2 April 19th, 2009 06:55 PM

I'm delivering at a different hospital this time and if they have Wi-fi I'll bring just in case I want to use it. They didn't have Wi-fi at the hospital where I delivered my first.

SurroDoula April 19th, 2009 06:57 PM

No, there's no wi-fi at our hospitals. However, last time I DID use my cell phone a lot to update my status and send messages back and forth on facebook.

Snowpeas April 19th, 2009 07:24 PM

I don't have a laptop so no. lol

I would have liked to have one with Olivia. I probably wouldn't have used it that much but it would have been nice to update JM and be able to upload pictures and email family right away.

MommaDucks April 19th, 2009 08:29 PM

nope but I can promise our lovely admin lady Rachel (rawisner) will be updating all of you within the hour of me having this little runt ;) When I had my Collin, I had text her at 700 saying I was on the way to the hospital, then at 930, a half hour after I had him ;)

BentleysMommy April 19th, 2009 08:33 PM

I didn't even use my own pjs until my second last day - so a laptop is NOT on my priority list!

drewbears April 20th, 2009 04:17 AM

I had mine with bella... I was texting and IMing and such while in labor! ROTFLMBO@!

BaileyEliChase April 20th, 2009 05:03 AM

I just may because of my c-section I was having weird pains at night and with my luck my son was born on the weekend of the horrible shootings at that college in 07. Crazy how long ago it was, but I was sick of seeing the perps face and nothing but that on tv while I was laying in bed next to my baby... he would be sound asleep I was up stuck watching the same rerunned news. Funny how I paid for the tv to watch that bull.... although if I bring my laptop I am sure I won't find time to use it!

mommy2Breana+Brandon April 20th, 2009 05:16 AM

NO I won't be.