JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Is anyone else.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1534230-anyone-else.html)

Mystic_Mommy April 24th, 2009 07:48 AM

Is anyone else....

getting some dull cramping every now and then? This really worries me, and was starting to really stress me out last night. I get it on and off, nothing too painful... more of an ache than anything sharp and nothing I would need to take medicine for. It never lasts long and comes and goes unpredictably. I don't mean to sound like a worry wort but it freaks me out that something is wrong :(. It was reassuring at my last appointment (April 20th) that my midwife found the heartbeat right away and that I was measuring right where I should be, but still it concerns me. I've been drinking lots more water so hopefully that'll help.

I looked online and it said... "Mild and occasional abdominal cramps during the second trimester do not necessarily indicate a problem. Abdominal cramps become a problem during the second trimester when they are severe, they are persistent, or when they are also accompanied by any spotting or bleeding." Also... "In some cases, a woman may feel mild abdominal cramps during the second trimester that are actually caused by ligament pain. This sort of cramp feels more like a dull aching sensation across the abdomen. In other cases, it may manifest itself as a sharp ache that runs along the side of the abdomen."

shannonkcc April 24th, 2009 07:51 AM

Re: Is anyone else....

I have cramping everyday. I already know what is causing mine. It could be round ligament pain. I have a lot of that too.

Peytonsmomma April 24th, 2009 07:52 AM

yep it's normal, i think it's the uterus stretching... do you rest your hand on your stomach? babies are sensitive to touch so when that happens to me i just rest my hand there and it's almost like the baby knows i'm there and the pain stops

SurroDoula April 24th, 2009 07:52 AM

I get some dull cramping from time to time as well. They don't resemble contractions in any way though, so I'm not really worried.

catherineclare April 24th, 2009 07:54 AM

I am and they just started 2 days ago. My lower back also started KILLING me 2 days ago. I actually have had to go to bed with a cold pack to try and alleviate some of the pain. I have noticed that when my back really starts to get achy I will also get some abdominal cramping. Nothing severe, but its' there and I worry nonetheless. It's what we do right?

I think if you're not bleeding or spotting you are probably fine. Seems this stuff always starts AFTER your midwife appt doesn't it? That's how it works for me...I'm there and fine, I walk out and a new problem presents itself! My midwife told me that you get aches and pains and cramps a lot sooner or they're actually more pronounced in a second pregnancy. Like our bodies start preparing for birth a lot sooner. Makes sense cause I had none of this in my second trimester with my son.

Good luck and I hope our cramps stop soon!

Mystic_Mommy April 24th, 2009 08:00 AM

Thank you everyone! It is so much more reassuring to know I'm not the only one. I don't remember having cramps in the second trimester with my daughter either, which is one reason why it worried me. I've been getting some back ache too... I should be doing more of my yoga, I'm sure that would help.

catherineclare April 24th, 2009 08:08 AM

I also bought one of those excercise balls yesterday from Walmart. It was 8 bucks and I mainly bought it to sit on. It seems to take a lot of the pressure off of my lower back when I'm at the computer. I need to start back with yoga too! I'm sure the stretching will help tons!

SusieQ2 April 24th, 2009 08:27 AM

It's pretty common to experience some cramping. As long as they aren't severe or accompanied by blood everything should be fine. It's most likely all your different parts reacting to the stretching that your body is doing right now.