JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   "Bringing Home Baby" on Discovery Health (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1600571-bringing-home-baby-discovery-health.html)

CriscoNinja June 16th, 2009 09:11 AM

"Bringing Home Baby" on Discovery Health

So I'm enjoying baby week, hehe, and I just have to say most of the time, the show Bringing Home Baby just cracks me up. I mean when I brought my first son home I was just as naive but man I'm glad it wasn't on national tv!! lol :p

The show on right now, she is ff and bf'ing and can't understand why baby isn't latching on... at least in my experience once a baby gets a bottle, they tend to prefer it, since it's easier than bf'ing... but I do know there are some babies who can switch.

**Teresa** June 16th, 2009 09:20 AM

Re: "Bringing Home Baby" on Discovery Health

Ohhhhhhhhhh I so love those shows. I go home every night and watch them all night long. I am so addicted. I love the "I DIdn't Know I was Pregnant Ones" and Deliver Me. My DH thinks I am nuts watching them. He says I am going to scare my self silly with some of the sad stories on there but I don't think so. I love them.

Jaylas_Mommy June 16th, 2009 09:41 AM

lol i always watch those shows. i dont think i will be too niave. i mean i work with babies eberyday of my life, i know its different than having your own but i think i have a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Snowpeas June 16th, 2009 09:42 AM

I miss those shows!
It made me feel better about how dh and I coped with a newborn. ha ha

The only thing that bothered me about them was the bf'ing issues.
They make it seem so hard and difficult and I want to tell them so bad how easily it could be corrected - but they don't listen to me through the tv. LOL

MommaDucks June 16th, 2009 10:06 AM

bringing home baby is the one show I cannot watch anymore. EVERY SINGLE EPISODE the mom is planning on BFing but is FFing as well. I did that with Thomas "bc my milk didn't come in", and quit BFing at 2 weeks. With Collin I did FF as well, but I waited a bit longer and man did it make a huge difference!

mommy2Breana+Brandon June 16th, 2009 10:23 AM

I like those shows as well.

I am loivng I didn't know I was pregnant and Deliver ME as well!!

Christine_D June 16th, 2009 10:48 AM

I'm so/so on Bringing Home Baby - love the Baby Story though - especially when they have natural or water births (even though I'm not planning one, I still like to watch the experience!)

fishysticks June 16th, 2009 12:55 PM

I can't watch those shows anymore, not since Holden popped out! Don't know why.. find myself cringing or saying "PSH MUST BE NICE!" when someone has an easy birth

monica8 June 16th, 2009 02:25 PM

I like Deliver me and I didn't know I was pregnant, too. I didn't know I was pregnant cracks me up!

I watch bringing home baby, but sometimes I question where they find the people. Like them getting ready for bed and putting the baby down and becoming upset to find out the baby doesn't want to sleep. Then having to call in the grandma for reinforcements because their baby is just sooooo needy. Haha and that's only night one. Plus the cheesy one liners they have before commercials like "Will Lisa ever get used to waking up to feed baby Noel?" or "Will Ryan ever learn how to change little Frank's diaper??" My guess is yes. Haha. Maybe I should stop watching that show hahah it really gets me really critical for some reason....

Peytonsmomma June 16th, 2009 03:56 PM

lol Monica!

I Like bringing home baby, there was only one episode where i did get kinda upset about, the father just left the mom at home the day they came home b/c that was "her responsibility" now-whatever

I don't get to watch them anymore b/c we disconnected our tv

MellieB June 16th, 2009 03:59 PM

Some of those shows just annoy the heck out of me. I don't know why. Deliver Me is the worst. It just really grates on me for some reason.