JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   water breaking? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1733067-water-breaking.html)

ninasparx October 9th, 2009 03:59 PM

water breaking?

so my sister in law says by the way i'm feeling it sounds like my water could be getting ready to break. my baby hits me so hard sometimes it feels like i'm gonna pee my pants.... do you feel your water "getting ready" to break, or does it just happen??????? i'm just curious, cause the pressure is getting worse, i'm scared to stand up sometimes

momtoakand? October 9th, 2009 04:10 PM

Re: water breaking?

I never got the feeling that my water was going to break...it is normal to feel alot of pressure down there at this point but it's no indication that your water will break. The only way you know if your water is going to break is when it actually does, then there really is no mistaking it unless you are like just a few women and have a very small tear in your bag and only leak just very small amounts and mistake it for regular vaginal discharge but I haven't heard that this is very common. I too have that feeling with baby moving so hard that I feel like I'm gonna involentarily pee myself, it's very normal at this point, this is my third and I have had that feeling at the end of each pregnancy.

hoping4more October 9th, 2009 04:22 PM

i never felt tlike my water was gonna break when it did. it only broke with my first. i was 40 wks 9 days on top of it too. though sometimes i feel like shes gonna break my water, but i know its just being so far intot he pregnancy. at least thats my experience.

Snowpeas October 10th, 2009 09:00 AM

My water never broke on its own but I remember having that feeling due to the baby's weight and pressure on my bladder

drewbears October 10th, 2009 01:14 PM

My water has broken on its own 3 times now.. ther eis no feeling before it happens at all. No warning nothing.

SurroDoula October 10th, 2009 02:18 PM

The ONLY time I felt like my water could break any minute was when I was already 6cm and in labour this time - I could feel the bag bulging, but only during the peak of the contraction. And oddly enough, this was the only time I've had my water broken for me! All the other times it just popped with no warning.

Genevieve's_mommy October 11th, 2009 08:23 AM

ive read that only 30% or women (or something like that) 's water breaks on her own.
i dont think mine will break, but i have a LOT of pressure!

*Hayley* October 11th, 2009 08:28 AM

i've had that feeling like I'm gonna pee my pants when the baby is really active too, but again it's just from him slamming into my bladder. Your water bag isn't a muscle so you wouldn't feel it anyway.