JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   38 week appointment SUCKED!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1737065-38-week-appointment-sucked.html)

mom2gabeandjae October 13th, 2009 04:10 PM

38 week appointment SUCKED!!!

So at my 36week appointment, my doctor decided it would be a wonderful idea to give me another 1 hour test (3rd one this pregnancy)because my previous two tests came back borderline but under the limit. My third test came back abnormaly high and now at 38 weeks I have to go in for a 3 hour test! On top of my 3 hour scheduled for Friday I have to have a nST directly after and then an AFI right after that... SOOOOO, Friday morning I report to the hospital at 7am and I can leave when everything is done....NEVER! He did however check me and I am only 1 cm dialated. He stripped my membranes the best he could, but he has painfully short fingers...I just got back from an hour long walk so maybe just maybe I can skip all the stress of testing all day Friday. Yeah right!

SusieQ2 October 13th, 2009 04:19 PM

Re: 38 week appointment SUCKED!!!

They want you to do a gestational diabetes test at this point? That sucks. I hope you pass it though or the baby comes before you need to do it!

momtoakand? October 13th, 2009 04:35 PM

Oh man that sucks! I'm sorry dear! I hope baby comes before Friday!

Snowpeas October 13th, 2009 04:45 PM

Wow, is there much point in doing the three hour test now?

So sorry you're having to go through that. Sending you lots of **labor vibes**. Hopefully you can skip all that testing!

mommy2Breana+Brandon October 13th, 2009 05:09 PM

That stinks. I hope you go before Friday!!

nylady09 October 13th, 2009 05:13 PM

Ick - the 3 hour - many sympathies! Seems surprising to do it this late in the game...hoping your little one comes before Friday and makes this all a moot point!

Kierasmom October 13th, 2009 07:32 PM

That sucks. I hope your baby comes before Friday!

Adriana's Mommy October 13th, 2009 09:16 PM

I guess the good thing is they are keeping an eye on you.. I too was borderline but they treated me as if I did have GD and in the end I did.. This point is vary important to keep your sugars in check.. The baby can be seriously affected.. But look at the bright side.. You only have to deal with it for 2 weeks.. lol Better then 9 months!! ;)

And I can relate to you on all the appointments.. I hate going to mine, I go 2-3 times a week. It's such a pain..

hoping4more October 14th, 2009 05:29 AM

so sorry hun ive had the three hopur before and it was no fun. but adrianna mum sounds like she can give you lots of support and advice. hopefully you and baby are fine and this si just one day of testing to find out your fine. hugs