JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   what is her deal?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1848884-what-her-deal.html)

Jaylas_Mommy January 24th, 2010 09:33 PM

what is her deal??

o man.

i dont know what has gotten into jayla these past couple nights but i might go crazy if it continues.

last night and tonight jayla has woken up a couple hours after laying her down crying. last night she layed down at 9 (which is later than normal) and SO told me she was up crying at 11. well she didnt stop til around 2am she had been fed, changed, rocked...nothing was working. eventually she fell asleep til 6am.
had a bottle then was back out til 9.

and tonight i laid her down around 730, and about 10 she woke up crying. after about 30 minutes...not of full out crying but some whinning she fell back asleep. im hoping she doesnt continue this.

any idea on what the heck is going on with her? if it happens again tomorrow night im gonna ask the dr. on tues. if we can do anything

MellieB January 24th, 2010 09:56 PM

Re: what is her deal??

Teething?

**Teresa** January 24th, 2010 10:02 PM

Teething is kind of what I was thinking too. Hopefully its just a fluke and doesn't continue.

Jaylas_Mommy January 25th, 2010 03:52 AM

i am thinking teething too. she did it again last night. was up whinning for about two hours at about 2 am. luckily SO doesnt work today so he was with her so i could sleep.

i try to feel her gums but im not sure if i feel anything...i think i may but then again i dont know what im supposed to feel. i know like swollen gums or whatever but im not sure what swollen gums feel like. kwim?

i may stop at the cvs down the road and pick up some baby oragel today...is it safe to give her at this age?

monica8 January 25th, 2010 05:50 AM

Levi's doing the same exact thing right now. It's been 3 nights and it sucks!! I've passed it off to teething as well. I don't feel anything going on in there yet and when I reach in he just licks my finger, so I cant see anything ^_^.

I've been using Hyland's teething tablets. They sooth him and make him fall right to sleep. He gets excited now when he hears them and opens his mouth haha.

He's also been pooping in the middle of the night, which he never did before. I hate changing poopies in the middle of the night!

mommy2Breana+Brandon January 25th, 2010 06:11 AM

Sounds like teething to me. yes it is safe to give

~Paula~ January 25th, 2010 06:55 AM

Orajel made Emily choke, like scared the crap out of me choke, so we stick to hylands teething tablets.

klacey41 January 25th, 2010 07:01 AM

I think Kadence is teething too. She was doing the same thing for 5 nights and she has been drooling and sucking on her lip which she has never done. I gave my boys oragel and they hated it so I tried it and it made my mouth numb and I hated it. I did teething tablets too which worked better. I haven't given Kadence anything yet.

Jaylas_Mommy January 25th, 2010 08:51 AM

hmm..ill have to stop at the store and see if they have those teething tablets.

i hope thats all it is and those help!

Snowpeas January 25th, 2010 09:04 AM

Teething tablets didn't help my dd when she was teething but then again my side of the family are terrible teethers and not even tylenol or motrin (when they're old enough) help when it's to the point of breaking through.

Poor Jayla, I hope she sleeps better for you soon.

SusieQ2 January 25th, 2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Paula~ (Post 18785709)
Orajel made Emily choke, like scared the crap out of me choke, so we stick to hylands teething tablets.

Oh God the same thing happened when I gave it to Ben when he was a baby. I've never been so scared in my life. Never ever ever again.

Genevieve's_mommy January 25th, 2010 10:55 AM

Genevieve has not been sleeping thru the night lately like she used to. She is waking every 4 hours and SCREAMING! i fed her 2 oz cos she had 4 before bed and ended up having to give her 2 more for her to shut up. I dont know whats going on with her anymore either. she sleeps longer when i give her 3 oz. My mom thinks shes teething and i read that they can teeth at 3 months OR EARLIER! shes super drooly too....

SusieQ2 January 25th, 2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genevieve's_mommy (Post 18789335)
Genevieve has not been sleeping thru the night lately like she used to. She is waking every 4 hours and SCREAMING! i fed her 2 oz cos she had 4 before bed and ended up having to give her 2 more for her to shut up. I dont know whats going on with her anymore either. she sleeps longer when i give her 3 oz. My mom thinks shes teething and i read that they can teeth at 3 months OR EARLIER! shes super drooly too....

:confused:

Kyleah's Mama ツ January 25th, 2010 02:16 PM

ditto :confused:

rude..................

HS&Fsmom January 26th, 2010 03:39 PM

Is she doing better?

Sergio has suddenly had a LOT of night waking too. Fortunately he goes right back to sleep but he is awake enough that I wake up with him too and see if he needs to nurse. I was thinking growth spurt w/ him b/c my supply was increasing as a result. Not sure though. I have read that a lot of things can cause night waking- allergies, temperature, clothing, just about anything. Unless I can tell otherwise, I always just chalk it up to the discomfort of their bodies changing, whether it's teeth, growing or milestones.

Kierasmom January 26th, 2010 07:58 PM

Sounds like teething. Halleigh has been doing something similar and she normally sleeps through the night. I gave her Target brand Tylenol and it helped a lot.