JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Depressed (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1886672-depressed.html)

*Jennifer* February 24th, 2010 10:14 AM

Depressed

Hi ladies. Hope you don't mind me venting a bit. I've been getting depressed lately. I have to go back to work on Friday. I am so upset. I don't want to be away from my son. The only thing keeping me from totally losing it is that my mom is going to watch him 4 days and my m-i-l 1 day. My son absolutely adores my mom. Then I think about where I work. I don't want to be there and have not missed work one bit. I know I shouldn't be complaining, but when you work in a city where there is always trash on the floor and tagging (graffiti) on every other corner, you really don't want to be there. On the plus side, at least I have a job with good pay and good benefits.***************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *****************I'm also upset over the fact that I may never have another baby. Not only do I want Billy to have a sibling, but I also loved being pregnant. I loved every moment of it. I even loved my doctor's appointments and delivering my son. It saddens me that I won't have that feeling again. I went into my marriage fully aware that my DH wanted only 1 child. I am hoping he will change is mind, but having a baby around has really taken a toll on him. DH doesn't just come home from work and sit there. He picks up the slack around the house. He has never complained, but he is exhausted. Also, I mentioned that DH has nerve damage and lives in constant pain. It's a lot for a person to deal with. Plus, he adores his son so much that he is happy having just him. Hopefully that love for his son will lead to him wanting to give him a sibling, but I'm not holding out much hope. We'll see how he feels in a year because now is not the time to bring it up.*********************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************* I hate how I look right now. I'm still 20 lbs heavier than before my pregnancy. I have no confidence in how I look. I've been getting hormonal breakouts too. Good news is that my ob/gyn refilled my Spironolactone prescription. Helps with breakouts and excessive hair growth (get it with taking the pill. Plus I lose weight while on it.*********************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** I have more to add, such as the cleaning lady running over the cord to my Angelcare sensor pad. Then there was last night when the replacement pad arrived and was for the wrong model. Not that that mattered though since the cord was completely severed. Any way, thanks for letting me vent.

Vmarie5 February 24th, 2010 11:03 AM

Re: Depressed

have you tried repairing the cord? or getting a universal adapter thing from walmart.. if you take it in to an electronics store they might just have one..

and HUGS momma.. it gets easier!

*Jennifer* February 24th, 2010 11:38 AM

Thanks Vesta.

DH tried to repair the one that the cleaning lady vacuumed over and was unsuccessful DH is very good at fixing and building things. I'll just have to return it and have them send me a new one.

*Hayley* February 24th, 2010 11:47 AM

:dothug::dothug::dothug:

MellieB February 24th, 2010 04:30 PM

:dothug:

faith2006 February 24th, 2010 06:27 PM

(((Hugs))), it is tough going back to work. I've been going to the office 2 -3 days a week but I resume back to 5 days a week next week and I'm not kooking forward to it. Like the other lady said, it does get easier.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that hubby changes his mind...you never know.

I hope you are a feeling a little better.

*Jennifer* February 24th, 2010 11:20 PM

Thanks ladies. I can always count on this PR for hugs and words of encouragement.

mommy2Breana+Brandon February 25th, 2010 05:41 AM

:dothug:

I hope things get better for you. Returning to work is hard but I promise it gets easier.

~Paula~ February 25th, 2010 10:13 AM

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. It's not possible for you to stay home? I really wish being a SAHM was considered a "job". :(
I'd be ticked about the cord as well, I hope they replace it easily for you.