JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   conception question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1894166-conception-question.html)

Genevieve's_mommy March 2nd, 2010 08:33 AM

conception question

so ive been wondering, i f we had trouble getting pregnant with Genevieve, will we have issues getting pregnant with pur second when we start trying again??

.kristen. March 2nd, 2010 08:36 AM

Re: conception question

It depends on the person, some do and some don't. I know my sister in law had issues with her 1st but none with her 2nd daughter.

~Paula~ March 2nd, 2010 08:41 AM

Ditto.. A lot of times it's like a woman's body says, Oh.. I remember what I'm doing and it's a lot easier.

*Hayley* March 2nd, 2010 08:46 AM

I would think it's more likely that if you had trouble once, you would again, but like kristen, I've heard of women having no trouble the 2nd time around, and those who had no problem the 1st time have problems the next.

Genevieve's_mommy March 2nd, 2010 09:06 AM

oh well, if we have trouble again, then we have more time to prepare. LOL. or I know what to do next time since i used fertilitea the first time and got pregnant that same cycle

mommy2Breana+Brandon March 2nd, 2010 10:43 AM

it all depends. I have heard you are most veritle after your first.

Good Luck

wildflower_142 March 2nd, 2010 11:48 AM

i agree with the PPs it depends on the person. A good friend of mine TTC for 2 + years before getting pregnant with their first. But with the 2nd they weren't even TTC, first baby was only 2 months when they got pregnant again.

On the other hand my brother and his wife have been TTC for almost 2 years now with baby #2. They started TTC shortly before we tried with Catie, and i got pregnant and had a baby. It took them 2 or 3 years of TTC before they had baby #1

Genevieve's_mommy March 3rd, 2010 06:31 AM

Wow, I hope i dont get pregnant anytime this year,
but i hope I dont have problems when we do start TTC again.
LOL thanks for the input

MellieB March 3rd, 2010 01:12 PM

:ditto: to what everyone else said.

SusieQ2 March 3rd, 2010 01:43 PM

Yeah there's really no definite answer on this one. It all depends on your body. It took 2 years for us to get pregnant with Ben. Then we decided to try for Jillian and got pregnant on the 2nd cycle.

Kierasmom March 3rd, 2010 03:53 PM

Took me almost 5 years to get pregnant with Nick. Ever since then I have been very fertile.

sara_ann March 3rd, 2010 06:15 PM

Well it took us 15 months to get pg with dd. I had an IUD for a year, had it taken out, had 1 period and got pregnant with Elijah! It was a big surprise because we were expecting to be trying for a while. So it was completely opposite for me :)