JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Mom Groups IRL (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1896469-mom-groups-irl.html)

*Hayley* March 3rd, 2010 08:33 PM

Mom Groups IRL

I went to my first today and had a GREAT time. I plan to go back next week too.

Have you ever gone to one? What did you think?

Mads-Mum2EG&L March 3rd, 2010 11:46 PM

Re: Mom Groups IRL

That's great, Hayley! :D Is it a big group?

Alice and I are in a Mothers Group and we LOVE it! I'm always going out to lunch and meeting up with the ladies. They are great!

TulipDawn March 4th, 2010 02:19 AM

We have a playgroup once a week. We are a close knit "family" here since the post is so small. I haven't gone that often.

We have another group called MOM. You pay a fee every year to be a member but they do A LOT of fun things in the community. I plan on signing up, I've just been waiting for Peyton to get a little older.

When I was in Cleveland I attended breastfeeding support group meetings 4 times a week with 2 different groups. I REALLY enjoyed that group...

Jaylas_Mommy March 4th, 2010 03:34 AM

i havnt been to any but SOs sister was the leader of one n she invited me a couple times, but we'd already had plans. i think they are more toddlers though. i may look into it further though cause jayla loves being around people.

ThatGirl March 4th, 2010 04:43 AM

i went to one at a birthing center. the women were all really nice but they were all in happy wonderful marriages and I felt like i didn't fit in.

mommy2Breana+Brandon March 4th, 2010 05:02 AM

Glad you had a great time.

I haven't been to one

monica8 March 4th, 2010 05:22 AM

That's great!

I went to one and really liked it. It's over now though and I'm itching to make some more mom friends!

SusieQ1982 March 4th, 2010 09:00 AM

I would love to but we don't have a car so it's hard to get around :(

*Hayley* March 4th, 2010 09:10 AM

The group was actually fairly large about 15 moms and their babies. The youngest baby was 8 days old :eek: and the oldest was 9 months. They were so friendly and welcoming, told me to give my # to someone before I left so that I could meet up with them for lunch before the group meeting.

disturbedangel121 March 4th, 2010 01:31 PM

I dont think we have any around here, and I think cause I'm a bit younger I might feel out of place. I need some new friends though I am such a loner!

MellieB March 4th, 2010 03:29 PM

I used to go to one with Jas but haven't in ages. I still keep in touch with one member through FB though.