JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   QOTD *Thursday* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1898318-qotd-thursday.html)

mommy2boys0809 March 5th, 2010 10:48 AM

QOTD *Thursday*

It's National Grammar Day. What's your biggest grammatical pet peeve?

disturbedangel121 March 5th, 2010 11:15 AM

Re: QOTD *Thursday*

wen ppl talk lyke disz ova aim

*Hayley* March 5th, 2010 11:36 AM

LOL ^ seriously me too. I'm super lazy with capitalization and punctuation online, I sometimes even skip a work when typing, but I can't stand when make up new ways to spell words. There is a difference between abbreviating and being a complete moron.

catherineclare March 5th, 2010 02:21 PM

Let's see...you're and your....their, there, and they're.....people that don't know the words a lot are TWO words, not one. There are others, but can't think right now. Basically I am of the opinion that the stupid internet has killed grammar. People just can't be bothered with spelling things out and using English properly. I have a few nieces on facebook and when they post messages you can't even tell what the heck they're saying it's so chopped up, misspelled, etc.

Oh and AIN'T is not a word! It amazes me how growing up the only people that really used that word were kind of uneducated know what I mean and now EVERYONE uses it...and not just to be funny. Oh and another that really irks the crap out of me...when people say 'I seen it..'. Uh..no you saw it, you didn't seen it. Ok, I think I'm done. :lol: Seriously though, I am not above making an error every now and then, but geez people act like they didn't make it past the 2nd grade.

rachelmarie621 March 5th, 2010 08:28 PM

i was born and raised in texas...still live here now and the thing that REALLY bugs me is when people spell y'all wrong. i use the contraction all the time and have no problem with it but UGH i hate when people spell it ya'll.

Mads-Mum2EG&L March 5th, 2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disturbedangel121 (Post 19327013)

:ditto:

jesicaRN March 5th, 2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catherineclare (Post 19329760)
Let's see...you're and your....their, there, and they're.....people that don't know the words a lot are TWO words, not one. There are others, but can't think right now. Basically I am of the opinion that the stupid internet has killed grammar.

ugh!!!! I know!!! I swear spell check is evil...it dosen't catch too, to, two or their thy're, there...you know...because it is all spelled correctly so when people use them in wrong text they think it is correct because it wasn't flagged. :( So our youth who rely on this technological world sometimes really are getting the sham!!!

I also hate 'these ones'
out here it is common to hear people making things plural...like walmart=walmarts; sonic=sonics

grrrrr....Another thing that gets me is the word tomorrow...soooooo many people I know (my little sister) spell it tomarrow. I even correct my sister and she STILL spells it with an 'A'.
Not that I am by any means perfect with with my grammar...but they are just my pet peeves. I am sure I do other peoples pet peeves

mommy2Breana+Brandon March 6th, 2010 04:42 AM

I can't stand when people talk slang

MellieB March 6th, 2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disturbedangel121 (Post 19327013)

:ditto: