JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Your relationship (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1945771-your-relationship.html)

MommaDucks April 16th, 2010 02:17 PM

Your relationship

Now that everyone is 'used to' their baby's being around. How much has your relationship with your other half changed?

MellieB April 16th, 2010 02:30 PM

Re: Your relationship

It hasn't really.

MommaDucks April 16th, 2010 05:37 PM

I remember after Thomas was born, Tom turned into such a sweet heart. Always wanting to do everything for Thomas.

After Collin, not so much, it is when we started 'taking turns' at baby duties.

After Bailey, well he is working more than ever now so when he gets home he is 'too tired' to do much with the kids <_< But on the weekend he is always playing with all three.

We don't DTD much anymore as one kid or another wakes up on any given night and we are both just too tired.

We don't go out much at all anymore.

But we fight less.

SusieQ2 April 16th, 2010 05:42 PM

With our first it changed and it was even better. I loved seeing him with our son. This time it's about the same. I love seeing him with our kids and we parent pretty well together.

It can be a lot harder to find time to DTD and the whole time when we do I'm think "I hope my boobs don't leak everywhere!"

Miles' Mommy April 16th, 2010 07:13 PM

Most days it's great. On the nights LO is having a rough night sleeping we get short with each other. Mostly because we are so tired ourselves. DH is doing better with stepping in to help with baby duties. Which has been great. When it comes to DTD it's been hard. DH is a little freaked out by breast milk and LO seems to wake up every time we try. I think it's just been bad timing. Sadly it still kind of hurts. I'm hoping that over time it will stop hurting all together. It has gotten better with time.

Mads-Mum2EG&L April 16th, 2010 07:50 PM

Ours has definately changed for the better. We've become a lot more open and honest about what upsets us and we just seem to understand each other a lot better. Alice is absolutely amazing with Ellie, as soon as she gets home from work she goes straight to her. She always wants to feed her dinner and give her a bath. Recently, we have been DTD a lot, this pregnancy is having my sex drive through the ROOF. :lol: After these two are born I know that will get a lot harder though.

disturbedangel121 April 16th, 2010 08:00 PM

It really hasn't changed because of jordan.. we appreciate our time together more now but thats only because I'm back in school so we dont see eachother until after 9 most days and then its mostly getting the boys ready for bed and maybe watching a little tv and getting some sleep ourselves but we have saturdays when he gets home from work and all day sunday.. its nice cause we aren't constantly stepping on each others toes but we still have some time.. I thing its perfect.. but of course once I start actual work if everything goes to plan we will have even less time to spend together :(

TulipDawn April 17th, 2010 01:45 AM

Well because of the deployment situation it's different all together...

We got married and he "inherited" Derrick. They got along ok the first eyar and better each year until 2008 when things hit rock bottom. They are still trying to mend their relationship but that is hard when dh is thousands of miles away.

With Xavier dh was gone until he was 3 months old. Then he was only home for r&r(2 weeks) and he helped a lot. When he got home for good Xavier was a little over 6 months old. He helped a ton, infact I just kind of relaxed the first 6 months or so.

With Peyton he was home for the hard part - the first 2 months. He held me when I cried, held Peyton when she cried...etc. Now that he is gone he offers words of support but that is about all he can give now. We will see him in July when Peyton is about 9mos old for 2 weeks then he won't be home until after her 1st birthday...so we are the "exception"...in a way I'm a single mother - but I still depend on my husband for emotional and verbal support.

mommy2Breana+Brandon April 17th, 2010 04:36 AM

It hasn't changed really.

The only thing that has changed is DTD we are both just too tired to do it anymore so it has slowed down