JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Sell, Donate, or give away? (Or keep?) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/1968669-sell-donate-give-away-keep.html)

MommaDucks May 6th, 2010 06:07 AM

Sell, Donate, or give away? (Or keep?)

What do you do with things you no longer have use for, or baby items/clothes that are no longer needed? Do you sell on Craigslist or Ebay? Donate to the Goodwill or something along those lines? Give things away to people you know? Keep things in storage?

I have a tendency to just throw away things that can be donated or sold. When it comes to the kids things, I just keep everything, except toys that have been outgrown, those go to my moms since the kids will play with them there. I really need to get rid of a ton of Bailey's 0-3 month stuff and the boys clothes, but I have this fear that the moment I do, I will find out I am pregnant again. :blush:

disturbedangel121 May 6th, 2010 06:54 AM

Re: Sell, Donate, or give away? (Or keep?)

I offered them to a friend who is having a boy... Just waiting for her to set up to come get them.

klacey41 May 6th, 2010 07:08 AM

We're having a garage sale this year. I've kept most of the boys' stuff in case Kadence was a boy and now we don't need it. Otherwise, we usually donate everything.

Blondn6ft May 6th, 2010 07:46 AM

We are keeping everything ...

If it isn't stained ... or have a whole in it ... or personalized ...

It has been washed and sorted by size and put in space bags.

We want a second baby and IF it's a girl ... we have a great stash
to start with. If it's a boy ... I'll sell it on CraigsList and have some
extra $$ to by blue with!

natty May 6th, 2010 07:56 AM

keep it Elise is our first and we are thinking one more so everything but clothes is all gender neutral and can be resued

monica8 May 6th, 2010 08:46 AM

I'm still at the gathering phase of my life. Everything is saved pretty much.

When I don't need the baby stuff anymore I'll give it away to people I know. I'll probably hold onto everything until I know there is no chance of having anymore kids, so not for another 8 or so years.

MellieB May 6th, 2010 02:20 PM

Things that are in good condition get donated, the rest just gets thrown out. We're done so we no longer have a need to keep things.

A.J and Addie Mommy May 8th, 2010 11:38 PM

I usually give stuff to families in need.. :)

mommy2Breana+Brandon May 9th, 2010 02:08 PM

Right now I am keeping everything cause I am not sure if I am done. But when we are I will sell them