JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Teen years (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/2229068-teen-years.html)

MommaDucks January 25th, 2011 08:32 AM

Teen years

Everyone always jokes about teens being rebellious, not listening, hard work, etc.

But what is something you are looking forward to when your LO is a teen?

~Paula~ January 25th, 2011 09:09 AM

Re: Teen years

Them wiping their own @sses! :lol: Ok, kidding.
Just watching them grow and learn and become young adults.
Kayla is almost 12 and despite the foot stomping, eye rolling and knowing everything, about everything, she's a good kid.

Jennifer0911 January 25th, 2011 09:43 AM

I just REALLY hope Samantha won't turn out like her momma! But at least I know what to look for and I will be stalking her whenever she goes out! LOL!!!
I'm looking forward to just hanging out with her. Going shopping, watching her grow and learn. Sitting on the couch, eating popcorn and watching movies! :)

natty January 25th, 2011 11:18 AM

Just watching her become an adult

monica8 January 25th, 2011 11:26 AM

Neither DH or I went through the rebellious teen years. We were both more of a handful at younger ages. I wonder what Levi is going to be.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he's into and what kind of man he's becoming. DH is 6'4" so it's weird thinking that changes are both my boys are going to be a lot bigger than me. It's also weird thinking I'm going to have teenage boys in the house ever! I have two sisters, so this is really new territory.

MommaDucks January 25th, 2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica8 (Post 22857240)
Neither DH or I went through the rebellious teen years. We were both more of a handful at younger ages. I wonder what Levi is going to be.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he's into and what kind of man he's becoming. DH is 6'4" so it's weird thinking that changes are both my boys are going to be a lot bigger than me. It's also weird thinking I'm going to have teenage boys in the house ever! I have two sisters, so this is really new territory.

Tom is 6'4" as well, and my brother is 6" so I agree about it being weird to think of these little guys being bigger than me. :lol:

Tom and I were both awful teens that had parents who didn't spend much time with us, teaching us right from wrong.

Personally I feel my children will be much more behaved and less risk taking than we were. (I do not think they will be angels lol, far from it)

I cannot wait to take Bailey shopping, to see her with her own sense of style, how she is with her first boyfriend.

The boys, I just am hoping I can look forward to them still being mama's boys when they are teens :p

~KMV~ January 25th, 2011 02:17 PM

im looking forward to seeing the types of girls he brings home :D is that bad? I can already see, 1 girl going out the back door while the other girl is coming in the window..... ohhh lord help me.. hopefully there isnt a 3rd girl in the mix because well I can only imagine whats gonna happen there.

MellieB January 25th, 2011 03:33 PM

I'm looking forward to see what life choices they make. Career, school ect.

No need to worry about boys, Daddy won't let them date till they are 50 apparently.