JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   DH.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/2238068-dh.html)

MommaDucks February 3rd, 2011 05:52 AM

DH..

What does DH do for a living?
Does he enjoy it?

monica8 February 3rd, 2011 06:22 AM

Re: DH..

He works at his dad's produce store. In the next few years I'm sure he's going to go part owner.

He loves it, but has a hard time balancing the family business with home life. His dad was never around, worked 7am-6pm 7 days a week and DH just can't put that commitment into it.

~Paula~ February 3rd, 2011 06:32 AM

He works for Progressive. He is a "IT Systems Engineer Sr." aka.. PC geek. LOL He does all the computer security for all of Progressive.
He loves it!

FyreMommy2B February 3rd, 2011 08:00 AM

DH is a Flight Engineer in the Air Force. He basically sits in the cockpit and feeds data to the pilots & Boom Operator (the guy who does air refueling). He truly LOVES his job and that makes me happy! He is career AF and we have 8 more years until we hit the 20 yr mark and "might" go longer. We'll see!

~Paula~ February 3rd, 2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FyreMommy2B (Post 22951720)
DH is a Flight Engineer in the Air Force. He basically sits in the cockpit and feeds data to the pilots & Boom Operator (the guy who does air refueling). He truly LOVES his job and that makes me happy! He is career AF and we have 8 more years until we hit the 20 yr mark and "might" go longer. We'll see!

For what type of jet or plane? DH was a crew chief for F-15's in the AF.

3TeamH February 3rd, 2011 08:33 AM

DH is a performance auditor (basically management consulting) for a city out here. He likes his job a lot.

Sadiesmomma February 3rd, 2011 08:56 AM

DH is a New car salesman for a Toyota lot It's actually where I worked to til stayin home! It's where we met!
He likes it I wouldn't say LOVE lol I wish he loved what he does :(

mommy2Breana+Brandon February 3rd, 2011 09:16 AM

He works for Penske Truck Leasing on the help desk.

He likes it for the most part I wouldn't say Love it though

natty February 3rd, 2011 09:17 AM

He is an AMT fot the coast guard and that means he is an airplane mechanic right now he works on helicopters he also gets the fly in them when they go on rescues he is the one who works the baskets bringing people in the helicopter. He loves what he does but not the politics in it, he is bummed any more promotions and he wont get to do his actual job as much and would be more of a supervisor. Oh and right now his is also and instructor so he teaches new people his job

~KMV~ February 3rd, 2011 11:47 AM

Right now he does excavation work...can't say that he loves it but its a job and a decent paying one at that...

but honestly hes a mechanic at heart.. he loves working on mustangs and lightnings and adding performance mods to them...

MellieB February 3rd, 2011 02:34 PM

Rodger is manager of his family's buisness. He's the 3rd generation. He loves it for the most part.

AllMyBlessings February 3rd, 2011 10:26 PM

Commercial cleaning, carpets and tile is what DH (and I) do for a living.
We don't mind it. The kiddos get to tag along with us so that's a big plus.:)

MommaDucks February 4th, 2011 04:40 AM

Tom is a "union taper", so all drywall, all the time.

He has a complete love hate relationship.

Love: Being alone while doing the work, even with a crew of 50-100 guys, he doesn't have to chit chat like in most places we have worked.
Hate: Having to work with my Dad most of the time. :lol:

Love: The money, the 401K plan and retirement plan, the Innnuity (SP????),
Hate:Constant layoffs, back before layoffs only happened 1-2x a year, now it happens every few weeks..and lastly the set hours when actually working.
Hate: When he is laid off we have to rely on side work, and the hours there just suck. Nothing is paid by the hour, and one job that he makes $1500 on can take 3 weeks, while another with the same price, can take 3 days. Sometimes he'll go in as early as 7 and not get home until 9-10. Then other days he is only gone an hour.

ashj_1218 February 4th, 2011 06:37 AM

DH is a CFO (Chief Financial Officer) of a local non-profit (think United Way, but local).

He does love the work. All accounting, grants, and funds. He does not like most of his co-workers though. There are only 7 of them and he loves 2 and doesn't really get along with the rest. Most of the group is older right now and that makes it hard. Especially with the boom in technology...they are just not easy to teach new tricks. But he would not trade it.

** Tay ** February 4th, 2011 08:45 AM

He owns a Car Dealership and Finance Company.

He loves it for the most part... lots of long hours sometimes... but its good to us.

FyreMommy2B February 4th, 2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Paula~ (Post 22952116)
For what type of jet or plane? DH was a crew chief for F-15's in the AF.

That's interesting! DH used to be a crew chief for KC-135's but now he's an FE for KC-10's. :)

Jennifer0911 February 4th, 2011 08:50 PM

DH is a drywall finisher. He HATES it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has been doing it since he was a little kid. It's a "family career". He has been trying to get out of it for sometime now but can't find anything that pays as much.
December 2009 he became a johnson county reserve. It has been his dream to become a cop. So this will help to get his foot in the door, we hope! :)

SusieQ2 February 4th, 2011 09:03 PM

He works for a company that is subcontracted by a large East coast convenience store/gas station chain called Wawa. He does their technical work like setting up computers, registers, security stuff, safes, you name it. He does the repair work too when a call comes in that something has broken.

He likes his job. He has a company vehicle so he drives from site to site. He doesn't have a manager or anything breathing down his neck all day and he isn't stuck in an office.