JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Go away! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/2250403-go-away.html)

MommaDucks February 16th, 2011 05:42 AM

Go away!

I've been having some SERIOUS baby fever lately...

Tom pointed out this is the longest I've gone without being pregnant since conceiving Thomas.
I've been pregnant in '05, '06, '07-'08, and '09. :lol: 2010 was the first full year I was NOT expecting.

So many women I know IRL and from JM, have either recently given birth, or are pregnant. I look at all the itty bitty babies and baby bellies, and crave it. I've never felt anything like this before. Yes before Collin, I had wanted a baby, but it wasn't anything like this..

Then I think of reality. We can't afford another. We have no room for another. Do I have the patience for another?

Tom, who wants more, keeps telling me that we will have at least one more, but we have to wait 5-10 years before we can even think about it.. Which makes me feel worse, as I was almost so sure we were done, just a few weeks ago..

I'm hoping once the novelty of all the new babies, and expecting mommies I know, wears off, that this intense urge to procreate wears off... :blush:

mommy2Breana+Brandon February 16th, 2011 05:52 AM

Re: Go away!

Oh I have it as well.

ashj_1218 February 16th, 2011 07:12 AM

I had it the moment Liam hit a month!! I am not even kidding. I am no help at all!!

Hopefully you will figure out what you are going to do. It can be hard to not have a sure-fire answer. I think baby fever is a great thing, especially if you have a friend or family member you can borrow from. Then you get your fix and don't have to actually have another!

~Paula~ February 16th, 2011 07:16 AM

I've been there, many many times and it's such a horrible achy feeling.
When Kayla was about 3-4 I had it so bad I'd just sob because I wasn't sure we'd ever have more. By the time Kayla was 7 and we decided to ttc, I felt almost hollow with wanting a baby so bad!

Then Emily was about 6 months and I got baby fever. I got preggo and lost that one, then I wasn't sure I could try again.

Then I had got pregnant and had Abby and I still have spurts of wishing we could have another. Then I count my blessings, realize I have 3 healthy, beautiful girls and tell myself to stop being selfish. lol
At other times, I thank God we decided to take permanent precautions. LOL

monica8 February 16th, 2011 07:22 AM

I'm no help there! :giggle:

It doesn't sound like Tom is any help there either! I know if DH said we'd have another in 5 years, I don't think I'd have the patience.

That's pretty crazy you've been pregnant for so long. Right now it already feels like I've been pregnant forever. I know it's going to be weird when we are done, or if we decide to have a bigger age gap between children.

MellieB February 16th, 2011 01:48 PM

I'm counting my blessings that for the most part I have not had one twinge of baby fever since Lucy was born. I do know for certain that there is no way on earth I ever want to be pregnant again.

catherineclare February 16th, 2011 02:10 PM

I only have baby fever as I'm putting away Ben's baby stuff. Then he has 2-3 weeks of horrendous teething with tantrums nonstop, crying, horrible sleep etc etc and that snaps me out of it really fast.

Also if I'm feeling like I want another I go to the mall and look at cute clothes that are not conducive to pregnancy and nursing lol.