JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Eating when sick (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/2254297-eating-when-sick.html)

mommy2Breana+Brandon February 20th, 2011 03:39 PM

Eating when sick

What does your LO eat when they are sick?

Does their appetite lessen?

Do they still get baby food when they are sick?

When they have a cold do they still get milk?

~Paula~ February 20th, 2011 03:49 PM

Re: Eating when sick

Just like an adult, they don't really want to eat when they are sick so I don't force the issue. If they want crackers or something, great! When Abby was sick I gave her a sippy of chicken broth and she nursed that all day.

If milk doesn't seem to bother them, I give it. If it does, then I give juice or pedialyte.

MellieB February 20th, 2011 03:57 PM

Lucy's does lessen somewhat. She does drink more milk when she's not well and I don't mind that at all. I add something extra to her milk when she's sick so she's not missing out on anything.

Paula, the chicken broth in the sippy is a great idea.

MommaDucks February 20th, 2011 04:29 PM

ditto paula

wildflower_142 February 20th, 2011 04:39 PM

What does your LO eat when they are sick? If she's up to it, I still offer her breakfast, lunch, supper. Most of the time she'll either not eat at all or just take small bites. Most of the time she just nurses.

Does their appetite lessen?yes

Do they still get baby food when they are sick?No we do table food.

When they have a cold do they still get milk? Yes

mommy2Breana+Brandon February 20th, 2011 05:55 PM

When my kids are sick they don't want to eat and I don't push it. I do push the liquids though.

I never thought baout the sippy of chicken broth. I would think that would make them thirstier.

SusieQ2 February 20th, 2011 09:59 PM

What does your LO eat when they are sick? It depends on what is wrong with her. When she's sick she really doesn't eat much.

Does their appetite lessen? Yes almost any time she's sick. As a matter of fact that is sometimes my first sign that she is starting to get sick because suddenly her appetite is gone.

Do they still get baby food when they are sick? No

When they have a cold do they still get milk? Yes if she wants it. If it seems to be bothering her I just give her some water or water with a bit of juice instead.

Adriana's Mommy February 21st, 2011 08:30 AM

What does your LO eat when they are sick? Depends on what he is fighting.. If his Asthma is flaring up.. He does not eat.. If he has just a regular cold, he will eat..

Does their appetite lessen? Yes

Do they still get baby food when they are sick? No

When they have a cold do they still get milk? Depends.. If he throws it up all the time, we just give water.