JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Whats the last thing you did/bought ONLY for yourself? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/2271453-whats-last-thing-you-did-bought-only-for-yourself.html)

** Tay ** March 9th, 2011 08:59 PM

Whats the last thing you did/bought ONLY for yourself?

I have been feelin dumpy lately.... just like in a rut, I guess...

SO today I went and got my hair cut to my shoulders ( was half down my back) and colored REALLY light - lots of highlights ( from dark brown)

I just felt like I had "Mom Hair" and wanted something with style... something Fun again like I used to.... It really was making me as a whole feel not so cute anymore. Amazing how a cut and color can make you feel better about yourself.

Anyways... got me thinking..." wow, this is the first thing Ive done for ME in a really really long time..."

How about you guys, whats the last things you did only for yourself??

mommy2Breana+Brandon March 10th, 2011 05:13 AM

Re: Whats the last thing you did/bought ONLY for yourself?

I got new sneakers for myself on Monday night and new glasses.

monica8 March 10th, 2011 05:34 AM

I went to Ikea for the day with some girl friends last weekend. I had the same feeling "When was the last time I got out of the house without DH or Levi?!" It was so refreshing.

I got my hair cut about 2 months ago and after I felt like a new woman. It's amazing how much a hair cut can change the way you feel.

~Paula~ March 10th, 2011 06:21 AM

Probably in January when I got my hair cut. I NEVER do anything for just myself.

MommaDucks March 10th, 2011 06:56 AM

:roaring: Do something for myself?? :rofl:

Seriously, the only thing I do for myself is the gym and that's not nearly as often as I should, or my new reading obsession.. I get 1-2 new books most weeks. But that will end in the next week or two...

I DESPERATELY need a new cut and color. I died my hair light brown and got it cut nearly a year ago.. And my blonde roots are showing in just two spots, making it look like I have a receding hairline.. :blink: And it's down to mid back, and all my layers have grown out.. :(

3TeamH March 10th, 2011 08:15 AM

I would kill to have a hair cut & color! I bought a shirt and dress for the summer on Monday. That's the first thing I have bought myself in a really long time.

** Tay ** March 10th, 2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2gr8kiddos (Post 23305508)
I would kill to have a hair cut & color! I bought a shirt and dress for the summer on Monday. That's the first thing I have bought myself in a really long time.

Thats how I felt... so I just DID it finally.... Just do it. its so refreshing!

*Jennifer* March 10th, 2011 12:11 PM

How funny Tay. I also treated myself to a cut and all over highlights! I too have been feeling very dumpy and needed something to make me feel pretty.

natty March 10th, 2011 12:27 PM

Hmm i went to a movie alone about a month ago it was nice

HS&Fsmom March 10th, 2011 03:53 PM

Don't know if this counts, but I have had a horrible week at work and home both and needed to take care of myself. So I went through Sonic on the way to my other job site this morning and got a mocha freeze with whipped cream and what I thought was a French toast sticks meal. I got to my job site and found out they gave me a steak burrito. :mad: I had to drive all the way back and complain. They gave me a voucher for a free meal and another for a free limeade, but I don't go there that often. Oh well, guess I will have to go back soon.

MellieB March 11th, 2011 03:10 PM

I got new make-up last weekend.