JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Gray hair? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/2271732-gray-hair.html)

MommaDucks March 10th, 2011 07:09 AM

Gray hair?

Do you have any? Dye over them to cover, or not yet?

What about hubby?

~Paula~ March 10th, 2011 07:15 AM

Re: Gray hair?

Ugh. I do have gray hairs and I will drive myself crazy if I see one. I will stand and pull them out for an hour! I died my hair awhile ago because of the gray but I don't like the color, it wasn't dark enough.
I haven't seen any in awhile, which means the ones I pulled should be sprouting again soon. lol

Oh and DH's hair is short so it's hard to tell but his goatee has been gray for years. That's thanks to the jet oil.

monica8 March 10th, 2011 07:17 AM

I think I have two. I've never colored my hair in any way. I'm debating if I ever will. I'm really bad at keeping up with stuff like that. I'd rather look older than sloppy, because my roots are all gray or something

Hubby probably has a few grays. I feel bad for him, though. He's losing his hair SO fast. He's only 25 and has significant bald spots. So sad, because he just grew his hair out for the first time (before saying bon voyage) and it's so fun and curly... he's getting to the point where he might have to shave it all off though :(.

Adriana's Mommy March 10th, 2011 07:40 AM

I have vary little gray hair. Which I'm surprised about since I'm going to be in my "mid" thirties this year.. :)

I know the spots where they "sprout" at and I just pluck it.. No need to dye my hair since I don't have that much.

A friend of mine saw one and told me I had pretty gray hair.. I said, how could it be pretty all wiry and white! lol

My DH has a few gray hairs.. :)

catherineclare March 10th, 2011 07:48 AM

Yep I have em. Mostly on my temples. I actually colored my hair back in October after getting it cut and it didn't cover any of them. As soon as I move tho I'm getting my hair cut and I'll recolor it. I don't have time to stand and tweeze them all out lol

Hubby has been grey for about 3 years now. His hair went from blonde to grey over the course of a year. It works on him tho.

mommy2Breana+Brandon March 10th, 2011 07:53 AM

yes I have them and I dye my hair to cover them.

Dh doesn't have any yet

3TeamH March 10th, 2011 04:46 PM

Not yet, but it will be a VERY VERY sad day in my life when I discover the 1st one. I don't even want to think about it.

DH has had a couple that I just pull out. I'd rather have him go gray than bald (his head is HUGE and would look so incredibly bad :lol: )

natty March 10th, 2011 04:55 PM

Nope to both i think i would cry if i started to go gray at 25

catherineclare March 10th, 2011 05:37 PM

25 is when I started getting grey hair! Hubby too. Some people go grey really early. It's really not as bad as you think. I don't sit around and dwell on it lol

MommaDucks March 10th, 2011 06:10 PM

I haven't found one yet, but Tom has the salt and pepper look. He got his 1st at 19, and by 22, it was pretty much the way it is now, just not "as" gray.

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica8 (Post 23304624)
I think I have two. I've never colored my hair in any way. I'm debating if I ever will. I'm really bad at keeping up with stuff like that. I'd rather look older than sloppy, because my roots are all gray or something

Hubby probably has a few grays. I feel bad for him, though. He's losing his hair SO fast. He's only 25 and has significant bald spots. So sad, because he just grew his hair out for the first time (before saying bon voyage) and it's so fun and curly... he's getting to the point where he might have to shave it all off though :(.

Sounds like my FIL. I feel bad for my SIL's son, it's supposed to pass down to the daughters son... I just hope my boys dont..
FIL was bald with just a small ring of hair from behind his ears and around the back, by the age of 25. He started losing it at 19...

MellieB March 11th, 2011 03:41 PM

I don't have any.

Rodger has a few. He's going bald too. He had Forrest Gumps receding hair line. He's been going bald since he was about 16. Runs in the family for him with the men. I think he'll end up with the ring around the back and then a small tuft on top.