JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Crafts? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/2274996-crafts.html)

MommaDucks March 14th, 2011 05:40 AM

Crafts?

Do you do any with your LO yet?
If so what kind of things do you do?

monica8 March 14th, 2011 07:19 AM

Re: Crafts?

No. I was thinking that he's probably getting old enough to. I'm curious as to how others answer. I need some good ideas for a toddler that still puts everything in his mouth.

~Paula~ March 14th, 2011 07:57 AM

Not yet. I do with Emily every day but Abby just isn't ready. She eats crayons and destroys paper.

3TeamH March 14th, 2011 08:54 AM

Not yet, but I am going to attempt to include Abe starting this week. He likes to eat crayons too. I am going to make a hand-print 4 leaf clover using paint and glitter tomorrow with the boys. Wish me luck!

catherineclare March 14th, 2011 09:17 AM

Not yet, but starting soon. In our new place I'm getting Ben a little table and chairs for us to do crafts at. He's much much better about putting stuff in his mouth so I was gonna try playdough. He likes to mush stuff between his fingers so he should like that. Have to get him some crayons too. He hasnt tried to eat them before.

MommaDucks March 14th, 2011 11:10 AM

For the young kids who eat stuff: Try making vanilla pudding finger paints!!!!

I've done this with all three starting around the first birthday. Just make up instant vanilla pudding, then add bold food coloring, or even kool aid mix to make the colors. They "paint" best on textured paper, like white construction paper works great, but printer paper..not so much. :lol: The plastic baby food containers are great for storing them for up to 72 hours. And totally non-toxic, just make sure to wear grungy clothes, as it sometimes stains depending on the food coloring.

We've also done home made edible play dough, which tastes gross, Bailey enjoys it. Just google for some recipes. ;)

Bailey colors, we use the twistable crayons by crayola so sh can't really eat them, as she likes to as well..

And washable crayola markers-non-toxic, and yea she colors herself more than the paper, but hey, it's fun. :lol:

monica8 March 14th, 2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2gr8kiddos (Post 23340296)
Not yet, but I am going to attempt to include Abe starting this week. He likes to eat crayons too. I am going to make a hand-print 4 leaf clover using paint and glitter tomorrow with the boys. Wish me luck!

Good luck! I want to see pictures of how they come out!

mommy2Breana+Brandon March 14th, 2011 12:51 PM

I haven't started with Xander. Breana will color by herself

MellieB March 14th, 2011 03:14 PM

Yes. Lucy loves to draw. She's really good about not eating whatever it is she's drawing with.