JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Utilities. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/2387103-utilities.html)

mommy2Breana+Brandon August 3rd, 2011 05:47 AM

Utilities.

How much are your utilites running you each month?

What do you do to drive and safe $$?

Are you on any budget billing for any of them?

catherineclare August 3rd, 2011 06:37 AM

Re: Utilities.

Hmmm.....I'm thinking maybe $550. Gonna have to double check that.

I'm half asleep and not understanding the question.

Is budget billing where you work something out with the company? If so then no.....we just pay whatever they are that month. We know roughly what each bill will be and one is a little extra we have money set aside for that.

~Paula~ August 3rd, 2011 06:42 AM

I can't tell you what they are each month because Jay does the bills.
We do budget with our gas.

Catherine, budget is where they charge you the same price each month, even if you don't use that much and then the rest goes into credit so when you use more, it just uses the credit. Works great for winter. Instead of getting a $500 gas bill in December, it's still going to be $350.

catherineclare August 3rd, 2011 06:48 AM

Ok, that's what I thought. With us it would be pointless to do that. Luckily our electric and gas is never crazy high. Unlike when we lived in Phoenix. THOSE were some ridiculous bills. And they have it set up so you're only eligible for special rate plans after a year or something.

FyreMommy2B August 3rd, 2011 08:58 PM

Some places call it Comfort Level Billing however if you use more than they estimate for your usage you can get hit with a big bill annually from when you started it which sucks.

natty August 3rd, 2011 11:46 PM

I have no idea they are included in my rent thank goodness

~Paula~ August 4th, 2011 07:27 AM

I REFUSE to have a cold house in the winter, so I keep it nice and toasty. Without budget, our bill would be $600 or more a month. Now, I'm pretty sure it's $300 something.

mommy2Breana+Brandon August 4th, 2011 09:16 AM

How much are your utilites running you each month? Roughly $250 for electric, water and trash

What do you do to try and safe $$? turn lights off when we aren't in the room, unplug any electronics that aren't being used, turn water off when not using it.

Are you on any budget billing for any of them? I am in for the electric and water bill

~Paula~ August 4th, 2011 09:52 AM

Wow Cathy, for all 3? Our gas and electric together are close to $600 a month.

catherineclare August 4th, 2011 10:01 AM

Oh ok. I thought that said 'drive and save $$' so I was confused lol. To save money we turn off lights when we leave the room, unplug things when not in use, in the winter I like it warm, but just wear warm jammies in the house or a sweater to avoid cranking the heat. In the summer I keep the ac on about 76.

Paula-what temp do u keep the thermostat on in the winter and do you have electric or gas? I'd die if just my gas and electric cost $600 a month! Our gas is never over about $70 in winter and $30 in summer and electric is about $80 in summer and $60 in winter I believe.

~Paula~ August 4th, 2011 10:19 AM

We have gas, my house is set to 74 in the winter. I HATE it cold, HATE it! We're hoping the new patio doors will help keep the heat in and the cost down.
Our bedroom was an addition so it's electric heat in there, But it's never up too high.

I don't know, don't pay too much attention to it. Electric, is because of all the pc's. DH and I NEVER shut ours down, so 2 are ALWAYS on. Kayla's is on a lot too, she only shuts it down lately because she needs a new fan and it's loud. LOL
There is ALWAYS at least one tv, usually 2 during the day.

MommaDucks August 5th, 2011 02:38 PM

hmm... We are averaging $180/mo for electric in the summer and $115/mo in the winter, gas is always less than $60 a mo, but both we owe lots from lay off months. :blush:

to try and save we coupon, turn lights off, and buy everything on sale.

MellieB August 7th, 2011 06:09 PM

I honestly have no idea. Gas is very low as the only gas we use is cooking. Power is higher.

We have energy saving devices.

No budget billing for us.