JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Throwing in the towel? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/2506129-throwing-towel.html)

MaineBean March 26th, 2012 08:37 AM

Throwing in the towel?

Andrea and I, your hosts, were talking and we're both feeling like we're fighting an uphill battle to keep this board alive and kicking. With the Facebook group busy and significantly easier to access via mobile device, not many people are visiting this board, let alone posting much.

We've tried to get things going, but it isn't really working. And it isn't really anyone's fault- just a reality of accessibility and everyone's schedules. (And maybe our boring posts, ha!)

We're probably both going to step down as hosts. It's not that we want to abandon ship per se, but it kind of feels like a ghost ship here and that we're going down with it! I'll still pop in and try to keep new posts coming now and again, but it doesn't feel like many folks are going to miss our few host posts.

Any pleas to get us to stay?! Anyone want to weigh in on what we've got going here?

~Andrea~ March 26th, 2012 01:58 PM

Re: Throwing in the towel?

Like you said, it seems like most people are done with this board. It's a shame too. :( I think everyone was very clear on fb that they do no visit here, mainly from the lack of a mobile app. Uphill battle indeed.

mommy2eden March 26th, 2012 07:55 PM

I don't have a smart phone but facebook loads faster on my computer and with limited time with 3 kids, I tend to just gravitate towards that. You two have been wonderful! You were both appreciated by many of us!!!!

Mel531 March 27th, 2012 06:42 AM

aww I hate to see it go, I really do....this is so much easier to follow with the topics/threads being categorized like they are (not like that on FB, and because of that I miss sooooo much on the FB group because I simply dont see it) but I get why so many people prefer the convenience of FB and the mobile ap...although I myself refuse to have a smart phone, so I am not one of them, lol. We have all been together for so very long...I hate to see it disbanded, sad :(...but I get it. You guys have done a fine job as hosts, I think it's just JM is becoming a dinosaur of sorts, and as with everything...things that are newer, faster, and more tech advanced, win out. boooo.

Gracie2345 March 27th, 2012 11:40 AM

I agree, you both have done a wonderful job, but it is n uphill battle. The other 2 boards I follow have no activity. I am a major lurker & seldom post, but I loved having this board to come to. I have been resisting joining the FB group, but looks like I might have to.

Thanks for all your hard work.

MaineBean March 27th, 2012 11:56 AM

I dont' have a smartphone either, so the lack of mobile stuff doesn't affect me. I just recently figured out how to sneak by the firewall here to get to FB, but if they figure it out, I'm sure I'll be blocked again. In which case I'll be a little more active here- it's one of my distractions to keep me going during the day.

Like Mel, I like the organization of the forum format. FB is all fine and good, but things move around weird and it's hard to know if I've seen all the latest posts. But being here is like shouting across a canyon- you can't see if anyone is over on the other side and if they are, it can take a while to hear the response. Not exactly the tight knit community we shared 1-3 years ago.

I may just stick around as a "host" so that it doesn't look totally abandoned if someone comes by and wants info or to chat. At least until they kick me out for not putting up enough posts! I just don't have the energy to try and guess about new posts that might be interesting enough to get people talking.

AndreaRenee March 27th, 2012 08:38 PM

I hate to see our board go bye bye :( I think also with our kids getting older and easier we don't have as much to share or ask. But I say just remain a host! What if we each commit to stopping by at least twice a week and posting at least twice? I could do that! HOw about this fun idea! Collect our cell #s and text us with topic teasers! Hahah lots of work

BoobyDutyAgainJen March 27th, 2012 10:18 PM

Like I said on FB I hate to see it go. I prefer this format but get the ease of FB now that I have a smartphone. I have really been struggling with getting on my computer but I can try harder to get on it instead of just on my phone. I really don't want the board to drop by the wayside.

~Andrea~ March 28th, 2012 04:46 AM

I prefer this format over the fb page as well. In fact, I rarely post on the fb page. I say, keep your name up there as host! I think that is a good idea.

One of the saddest things about this for me is I think of all the newly pg people, or those TTC who aren't going to find the same welcoming board I did. I loved having this resource of ladies who were knowledgeable in so many subjects! Maybe the TTC boards and the DDC's will always be active, but what if there are a core group of women who move to fb and those boards become ghost towns as well. It makes me sad people who are in search of comfort and information may not get that here.

pattijwg April 2nd, 2012 11:31 AM

Sorry I have not been around ladies!! Life is so busy!I don't even get on FB as much as I used to. I love you all!

soImarriedAnerd April 5th, 2012 10:11 PM

I rarely get on anymore. I suck also. You guys are doing great with what you have to work with. I'm sorry its not easier.

juliamiller266 December 13th, 2012 11:29 PM

My life suck too. You all are lucky.