JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   Sleepwalking (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/2520219-sleepwalking.html)

rancherandcitygal April 28th, 2012 12:37 PM

Sleepwalking

I know I don't post much on this board but anyway I have a question!! I think Liana is sleepwalking every night. She will sit up on her bed and start rocking and doing weird rhythmic motions with her hands. She is not awake because if I look in her eyes she is compleatly blank.

Do you guys know if I should be worried about this? Are there things during the day I can do to prevent it? She does it the same time every night!!! Sometimes she does get out of bed and crashes around her room. She is gated in every night because of this!!!

It just sucks because I either have to stay up until midnight and watch her and then put her back or I wait until she crashes into something and crys!!! Some nights she opens the door, crashes into the gate and then goes back to bed.

Ug this turned more into a rant than a question.

natty April 30th, 2012 03:49 PM

Re: Sleepwalking

I don't know hopefully someone else has some exldriance with it

MellieB April 30th, 2012 05:30 PM

I'm not sure. It could be night terrors but I don't have any experience to share sorry.

catherineclare May 1st, 2012 01:04 AM

When did she start doing this? Is this something that started after her sister arrived?

mommy2Breana+Brandon May 1st, 2012 11:39 AM

I am not sure myself. Might want to mention it to the doc next time.

rancherandcitygal May 4th, 2012 03:06 PM

She did start after the baby.... maybe that's it. She doesn't cry so I don't think it's night terrors. Will have to ask the dr.

catherineclare May 4th, 2012 10:45 PM

Ah....ok I'm betting that it's the arrival of a new baby that triggered them. My oldest is a sleep walker. He started about 5 years ago. First it was just a couple of times and I just directed him back to bed, then the year I was pregnant with Ben the episodes started to increase. He would get out of bed and either walk into my room (one time he sat down in front of my tv and was trying to watch) and other times he would get up and actually walk downstairs. I realized they were nervous episodes. He hasn't had many episodes since Ben came along, but if he does I can almost always attribute it to something stress wise that we might have going on. He is still a loud sleeper...he'll start talking or actually groan out in his sleep. Loudly. I would just ask the doc, doesn't sound like night terrors. My oldest had those too when he was 9 months old for about a month off and on. It was AWFUL. He would just have a blank look and be screaming bloody murder.

Hope she settles down soon!

*Jennifer* May 5th, 2012 12:35 AM

I agree with the other ladies. Ask your doctor about it. The rocking does sound like she is trying to soothe herself.