JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2009 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/)
-   -   any other child do this? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1831-2009-playroom/2627699-any-other-child-do.html)

Peytonsmomma February 20th, 2013 09:14 PM

any other child do this?

my daughter who was born in this ddc then pr, repeats thing 500-1000 times a day...non stop, all day long, and if i dont answer her wont stop repeating the same question until i answer, then there is the rocking back and forth...the rocking back and forth also comes when she sees stuff like spirits im assuming...im wondering what i could research

*Jennifer* February 21st, 2013 12:37 PM

Re: any other child do this?

By spirits, do you mean ghosts as is the monster under the bed? I know rocking back and forth could be a sign of autism, but if you say it comes when she is scared at nights, then that just seems like a scared kid trying to comfort herself.

As for asking questions over and over until you answer, that sounds like a typical toddler to me!

Edited to add in that the repeating something 500-1000 times is not typical. To me asking questions until you answer is.

Adriana's Mommy February 21st, 2013 01:04 PM

Doesn't sound typical to me, unless you watch a lot of ghost shows.. It's like she is stimming on something.

I do agree with Jennifer, the rocking back and fourth is a sign for Autism.

Edit to add.. Here's a video on Stemming and Autism..

http://youtu.be/vUG7wlZmrfs

Stimming & Autism - YouTube

*Jennifer* February 22nd, 2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adriana's Mommy (Post 27120363)
Doesn't sound typical to me, unless you watch a lot of ghost shows.. It's like she is stimming on something.

I do agree with Jennifer, the rocking back and fourth is a sign for Autism.

Edit to add.. Here's a video on Stemming and Autism..

What is an Autistic Stim? - YouTube

Stimming & Autism - YouTube

Do you mean the asking the same question until it is answered as not being typical toddler behavior?

Oops - I missed the part about her repeating 500-1000 times a day

Peytonsmomma February 25th, 2013 01:51 AM

No not scary monster under the bed, like for example seeing a black bird on her dresser, waking up to find her in the hallway rocking, waking up to find her staring right at me

Not just questions .....anything and everything, ex: i want juice 30-40 times in a row

*Jennifer* February 26th, 2013 08:32 AM

First of all ((((HUGS)))). You really need to get her evaluated to see what is going on. The sooner you get things started the better. I am regretting not getting Billy evaluated earlier since there is such a long waiting list for everything.

Peytonsmomma February 26th, 2013 03:52 PM

i mentioned it to her dr the last time i brought our son in for his 4 month check up...and just like i thought bc most drs do this she just said it was a stage....i bought that when she was a year old but now not so much, its getting worse not better, she acts normal other than that, talks fine, not delayed, speech is great, knows numbers etc

Adriana's Mommy February 26th, 2013 09:56 PM

I agree with Jennifer.. I would get her checked out by a child psychologist just to see what they say. Maybe she is a "medium" but maybe it's something else. I love to watch ghost shows and I'd say that past year my 5 year old daughter has mentioned something about monsters. I'm now mindful when I watch that stuff around her. :)

*Jennifer* March 15th, 2013 12:33 PM

Any updates?

Peytonsmomma March 17th, 2013 09:04 AM

She still acts the same....i know now she sees dead people we are on vacation and she completly freaked out over a spot we visited

*Jennifer* March 18th, 2013 09:56 AM

Have you made an appointment to have her evaluated?

SydneynDeansMum September 11th, 2013 06:06 PM

I have never heard of anything like this, hope she is doing okay!!!!

Brenda04 September 25th, 2013 02:54 PM

I hope she is doing ok Hugs