JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Birth Stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1566-2010-birth-stories/)
-   -   Max's birth story!! ** UPDATED W/PICTURES! ** (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1566-2010-birth-stories/1815920-maxs-birth-story-updated-w-pictures.html)

Amazona December 25th, 2009 07:37 PM

Max's birth story!! ** UPDATED W/PICTURES! **

*** UPDATE ***
This is Max!
http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/DSC_1690.jpg

And here´s a link to more pics for those who want to see them :)
Picasa Web Albums - Paola - Max

I seriouly cannot believe I already have a baby and how fast it all went!! :)
Apparently not only did I join the "big baby club" but also the "fast labour club" AND the "no way in hell would I ever think badly of the glorious epidural"!!!!!
LOL

So, Wed Dec 23rd: membranes were stripped (I only knew it worked in the next 24-48 hrs after it was done). Started feeling achy and crampy but nothing much, though def "different"
Since by the 24 @ noon nothing much had happen besides a few regular braxton hicks, I though I'd be among the 33% of those who never had results. WRONG!!!

Fast forward to 5 pm, our friends were at home (we were receiving!!) and I had a strange "need to have a BM now!" feeling. So I go but nop, nothing happened, when I turned to grab some paper I feel this strange noise/movement... Like the first kicks that feel like gas moving and it occured to me it was my water breaking but no gush of fluid was coming out, only a very thick mucous thing.
I stayed 10 min in there to be sure and nothing
10 min later, same feeling. I go again to check and another big mucous thing comes out with a little unwanted water (I thought pee)
2 min later the pain started. First a very painful bh I thought (too long for a contr I was told several times). Then another, then more pain... All in 5-7 mins
So I excused us with our friends and asked dh to take me to the hospital just in case. Everybody else was staying at my house b/c we thought it was a false alarm!!

Got to the hospital at 6:10 pm and I couldn't speak, think or even time the contr as they were coming so close together I didn't know when they started or finished.
What do you know, it wasn't BH, they were real and coming every 3 min. I was 4cm dilated and progressing really fast.
At 7:15 I was at 6 cm and thank God and all the heavens the anesthesiologist arrived with that magical potion they call an epi :D
The guy had to come from his house b/c he was having Xmas dinner!
My contr were at 2 min apart by then and lasting between 90 and 100 sec (yes, only a few secs between each other!!). It took the guy 3 contr to finish and as of that moment labor became a very pleasant moment!!
I mean, ZERO pain, got to talk to my family in Arg over the phone and dh and I got to enjoy the coming of our child by joking to each other and basically just being there together.
At 10 pm I was fully dilated but since I was more than ok, the dr (yes, MY NEW DR was on call!!! :D ) asked me to wait for him to descend a little bit more so I didn't have to push that much.
11 pm pushed once to "try", then since it was going great 2 more pushes and Maxime (Max) was born at 23:04 pm weighing 8 lbs 9oz, 21.5" long :)

So I am still waiting to find out when a contraction starts and ends and the 2 hrs you are supposed to wait before going to the hospital!
LOL

On a bad note, I have a 3rd degree tear but honestly it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as I imagined and it doesn't burn when I pee ;)

Will post a pic when we're home on Sunday

Thanks Tamara for updating everybody!!!! :D

sarahlorrain December 25th, 2009 07:50 PM

Re: Max's birth story!!

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see pictures of little Max. Thanks for sharing your birth story! I hope mine goes as quickly!

Adam&Kaydence'sMommy December 26th, 2009 03:00 AM

Wow that is a quick labor! Congrats from the March DDC!

~Angela~ December 26th, 2009 04:54 AM

That is such a great story! Glad he arrived safely. REALLY glad your Dr. stripped your membranes! Holy cow!

bright future December 26th, 2009 08:11 AM

Beautiful story!!! Congratulations :)

Nicole1110 December 26th, 2009 08:38 AM

You make it sound sooooo easy! Congrats Paola! I can't wait to see pics of Max :)

alleusion December 26th, 2009 10:25 AM

Wow almost a Christmas baby! Congratulations, I can't wait for pictures.

*Izzy's*Mommy* December 26th, 2009 11:51 AM

Congrats!! :bluecheer: I can't wait to see pics of Max & I hope my labor goes as well as yours did lol.

cada December 26th, 2009 06:40 PM

Congrats! Cannot wait to see your handsome little boy!!!

mommawhitney December 26th, 2009 07:00 PM

Congrats!

First1at37 December 26th, 2009 07:06 PM

Holy cow, that was fast! Congratulations!!! Can't wait for pictures.

peggums27 December 26th, 2009 07:23 PM

Congrats!!! Wow that was quick!!! Good job !! can't wait to see pics :)

LadyCoconut December 27th, 2009 12:04 PM

YAY! I'm so happy you had such a fast & easy labor! :) I hope I'm so fortunate! I can't wait to see pictures of your son!

Sally5 December 27th, 2009 01:50 PM

What an awesome birth story!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

MominNOVA December 27th, 2009 04:18 PM

Congratulations !!!!
What a wonderful Christmas present ! :)

RachelC December 27th, 2009 05:44 PM

Congrats Paola! How exciting! Can't wait to see pics!!!!

Teri December 28th, 2009 10:44 PM

Congrats!! Can't wait to see some pics!!!

Heaven December 29th, 2009 06:46 AM

Wow that's awesome! Just three pushes!
Congrats pretty mama! Hope you're enjoying your new bundle of joy :)

~Daniell~ December 29th, 2009 08:38 AM

Congrats! I can't wait to see a pic.

DsMommy December 29th, 2009 09:15 AM

Congratulations!! Sounds like a great delivery, and I hope you are both doing well. I'm also anxiously awaiting a picture of little Max!