JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Sprout's Journey to the World (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/1737207-sprouts-journey-to-world.html)

J_n_JsMommy October 13th, 2009 07:59 PM

Sprout's Journey to the World

I was hesitant to post a pregnancy journal in here at this time for a few reasons, its been a long journey to this point...but today I decided to just start one already :)

I'm Kathryn (26) and I'm married to Tom (27). We met at a prom at the end of 10th grade (11th for him). It wasn't either of our proms, I was with a senior and he was with one of my senior friends who happened to know I was transferring to dh's school that next fall and she introduced us. We danced once but he was kinda scared of my date (offensive tackle on our football team, over 6', bout 300lbs lol) so we didn't talk much. Then I saw him when I went to visit the school for a day. That summer I could not get ahold of my friend to ask for his #, but the first day of school the following year I went down into the cafe where everyone goes before the bell and he came over, gave me a hug and the rest is history. We've been together 10yrs :)

We got prego with ds1 in the fall of 03. He was a senior in college and I was a junior...I wasn't on bcps but kept really good track of my cycle and usually we used protection. Well this one time...lol...and ds was born on his due date July 12, 2004 in the water at a hospital-attached birth center. It was beautiful. We had been together 5yrs and dh was planning on proposing anyway, things just got moved up a little. We were married Aug. 21, 2004 when ds was 6wks old!

When ds was 3 he started asking for a sibling but we weren't ready yet. Finally in November of 07 I went off bcps because I was starting to have some depression and anxiety (side effect of bcp sometimes). I started charting by my cycles were whacked. In early June of 08 I was on day 80something of a cycle and went for an u/s due to ovarian pain. They found a large cyst attached to both my ovary and fallopian tube. The doc doing the u/s said though that my uterine lining was fine and it looked like my period would start soon. Sure enough, 2wks later lol. So we decided to try that cycle and BAM! first try! We didn't expect it to happen so quick but dh now thinks he's superman or something. It was a crazy pregnancy...I couldnt' shake the feeling something was wrong. At 19wks we found out we were having a boy and that we needed a Level 2 u/s due to a problem wtih the cord. At 20wks, at our level 2 u/s we found out our baby had an omphalocele, his abdominal wall hadn't developed right and some of his bowels were in a sac outside his belly. He also had a 2vessel cord. So I was high risk and going for lots of monitoring, but on his due date I felt decreased movement. I also had contractions so I wasn't completely conscious of the decreased movement...it wasn't until 40w1d morning that I realized something was wrong, and by the afternoon at the doctors he was gone. I delivered my angel on April 4, 2009 at 9:16am, and except for pitocin, drug free. It was amazing and empowering and the happiest and saddest day of my life. It had nothing to do with any of his prenatal issues...it was a cord accident.

At that point I couldn't imagine being pregnant again. I didn't think I could handle the worry that another pregnancy would bring....but when I got my first ppaf in July, and after some counseling I knew that I needed to go through everything again and hold my own baby in my arms to truly begin to move forward after saying goodbye to Joey. So 2nd month trying, 1st month charting and here we are! Due in June 2010.

I don't know my due date yet...I think Fertility Friend screwed up my o date so I think I'm due between June 13 and June 18. We told our parents and our ds1 Jamie and Jamie is beyond excited. He talks about the baby "Sproutie" all the time (he nicknamed the baby :) ) Our parents are cautious but really excited...this will be healing to all of us :)

Ultrasound on 10/27 to date. I didn't post this whole story to make anyone feel bad, and that was one of the reasons I hesitated because I don't want to bring anyone else down or bring anyone out of the joy and innocence of pregnancy where you haven't experienced a loss or any problems. But we are excited, and joyful just the same as each new life is a blessing. This is a very special rainbow baby and he or she is really in for some serious snuggles and kisses as by the time Sproutie is born I will feel like I've waited 2 years! (prego July 08, just getting baby June 10).

I am excited to be on this journey with you lovely ladies of the June 2010 DDC and I can't wait to hear your stories and watch you grow. :)

KristaBee October 13th, 2009 08:25 PM

Re: Sprout's Journey to the World

I'm glad you posted your story. It's moving and inspirational. My heart breaks for you and your loss of Joey. I thank you for sharing this with all of us.

Congratulations on your "sprout"! I can't wait to read more of your journal. It will definitely be something I look forward to here.

kimmiejo October 14th, 2009 06:57 AM

thank you for sharing, what a strong woman you are! best wishes to you and "Sproutie" I wish you all the best!

CandaceDianne October 14th, 2009 08:17 AM

I about cried reading your story...what a beutiful (and sad) story!! I am so glad Jamie will be a big brother, it sounds like something he has been patiently waiting for!!! :) BTW, I love your anniversay day! ;) I cant wait to read your journey! :)

kimberlyw October 14th, 2009 09:33 AM

That is such an amazing journey!!!! It was inspirational;)

baby_bump 3 October 21st, 2009 04:52 PM

your story is amazing for you to be as brave as you are! congrats on your pregnancy and best of luck.

Mom.to.PinknBlue October 22nd, 2009 11:30 PM

I have to applaud you for your strength and courage.

As I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out.. Dang pregnancy hormones!

I wish you the best of luck and you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Frothy Melon January 20th, 2010 02:54 PM

Im sorry for your loss. My mother lost a brother of mine when I was young. Im glad that you are on this journey with us too!! congrats!