JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   We all have the power to... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/1782681-we-all-have-power-to.html)

Chelnae6 November 24th, 2009 05:53 AM

We all have the power to...

... magically pee or tinkle in our pants! Yeah this piece of information was omitted to me by many lol. This is the 2nd time this has happened. While brushing my teeth, if I'm not too careful, I gag and with gagging comes tinkling. I use the bathroom before I brush my teeth so the gush comes without warning :eek: Oh Boy! The Joy or Pregnancy!

Whats something that has happened to you that you wish someone would have told you in either this pregnancy or previous pregnancies?

sweatshirtgirl November 24th, 2009 06:43 AM

Re: We all have the power to...

And you know what? Sometimes that magical power never leaves you, even AFTER pregnancy!

I've never experienced it before til this pregnancy, but I have a really bad cough right now and I sneezed the other day, standing up, so it's happened 2X to me too. What fun!

Max n Meghan's Mom November 24th, 2009 09:09 AM

Yeah the pee thing sucks. And it doesn't always go away.

A couple weeks ago, I had just peed but I vomited so hard I went again. That was awful.

I wish I had known just how tired I'd be while pregnant and caring for a toddler. Then again...maybe it's best I didn't know!

This one is more about labor and delivery...I wish I had known how much I'd bleed after birth. The first time I used the bathroom after birth the nurse was there to help (thank goodness) and amount of blood was horrifing.

Racine November 24th, 2009 09:14 AM

Oh gosh, this made me laugh...because I can relate so well.

It's really bad right after giving birth...I don't know if this was also because I had an epidural that did not wear off for a while, but our first night home, DH and I were sitting on the bed talking and I got up and he just starting cracking up...apparently I had peed a little while sitting on the bed and had no clue.

I was mortified, but got over it pretty quickly when I realized it's just a part of the lovely post-partum period.

I'm doing kegels a lot more this time around to hopefully keep those muscles strong!

Shelli1981 November 24th, 2009 09:18 AM

Ugh I agree, I could totally do away with the pee leaks.. I have to buy pantyliners cause it happens when i cough or sneeze, And my DH thinks its freaking hilarious..

Amanda C November 24th, 2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweatshirtgirl (Post 18077423)
And you know what? Sometimes that magical power never leaves you, even AFTER pregnancy!

I've never experienced it before til this pregnancy, but I have a really bad cough right now and I sneezed the other day, standing up, so it's happened 2X to me too. What fun!

This is true. I'll admit I can no longer do strenous exercise without leaking a little. My OB is doing a partial hysterectomy on me after I have this baby. He says he can fix my bladder also. We'll see!

palmetto_moon November 24th, 2009 11:22 AM

Yes, nine kids has messed up my bladder beyond beleif. I HATED morning sickness because of the fact that as I was leaning over the toilet puking, I had ...ahem...a bit of leakage down below as well! Nothing like puking and peeing at the same time! It may or may not be better after delivery!!!! YIKES!

QueenCrafty November 24th, 2009 01:01 PM

Yeah, I peed a little while doing dishes recently. I had to go, but I only had a few more dishes left and thought I could wait. Unfortunately the warmth and sound of the water gave me no choice. Ugh!

The thing that surprised me most was the post-partum bleeding. No one told me about that until I visited my sister in the hospital after having her first daughter. At that point, I had just gotten pregnant with Lily and was totally not looking forward to the bleeding. The best invention ever was the ice pack maxi pad. I loaded up on those things at the hospital so I could have some at home.

I have a theory that if they mentioned all these less than glamorous side effects of pregnancy in middle and high school health classes, there would be a whole lot fewer unplanned teenage pregnancies.

mylene169 November 24th, 2009 02:22 PM

I peed when I sneezed the other day and almost cried! :lol: DH thought it was hilarious...jerk.

For me it's the constantly runny nose I wish someone could have clued me in on! Both pregnancies I've been a leaky faucet of snot! :( Ew!

Chelnae6 November 24th, 2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corny7474 (Post 18082201)
i have a theory that if they mentioned all these less than glamorous side effects of pregnancy in middle and high school health classes, there would be a whole lot fewer unplanned teenage pregnancies.

i totally agree!!!

CuteName November 24th, 2009 02:42 PM

Then again teenagers always have that "Oh that won't happen to me mentality..so maybe not"

As far as the pee thing goes...I've had that happen a couple few times already. I really never got to be normal after my 2nd child.

I can still remember the first time I pee/sneezed though. I was with my Mom and I was sooo grossed out and she just died laughing at me.

Other things I would have liked to have known this time around...that your nipples can stay sore the ENTIRE TIME. I'm so tired of sore boobs, especially when it's cold outside and my nipples stay hard all day (sorry if that's TMI) sore & hard really hurts!

krissy1989 November 24th, 2009 03:39 PM

I've almost peed myself over the past week from having to go so badly all of a sudden that I don't feel like I'll make it to the bathroom. And I've also peed on the floor several times from vomiting. I hope the baby moves up soon so that the urge to pee suddenly eases a bit.

QueenCrafty November 24th, 2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuteName (Post 18083453)
Then again teenagers always have that "Oh that won't happen to me mentality..so maybe not"

So true! I even had that mentality at 24 after DH and I had an oops moment. And that is how we got Lily :lol:

~Claudia~ November 24th, 2009 07:51 PM

oh joy! it happened to me last week when I sneezed.. I had forgotten that wonderful part of pregnancy :D

Max n Meghan's Mom November 25th, 2009 08:45 AM

I've been lucky enough to have not been caught...yet. I hope I continue to be alone while I pee myself, not looking forward to that embarrassment!!!