JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Another name.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/1789466-another-name.html)

esli232 December 1st, 2009 10:25 AM

Another name....

Well, we couldn't really agree on any of the names in our other list and this weekend came across a different name that we both like. I really liked Canton, Pecos (pronounced pay-cuss like the river), and Cannon or Kannon. But, for one reason or another Mike was against them. Anyway, I was looking through a magazine this weekend and saw an add for Bohlin Saddlemakers and Silversmiths. I really like Bohlin, had heard it before but guess I needed to see it. There's also a country singer named Jason Bolin, but I like the H in the first spelling better. To my surprise, Mike really likes it too. So we're thinking Bohlin Tate. Not 100% sure, but it's definitely the front-runner for now.

I'm sure it's not going to be a fav name for most of you, but is there anything negative you think of when you hear it? Like someone mentioned Chinese food when I asked about Canton lol. Just wondering if I've missed anything with Bohlin. Only thing I'm worried about is nicknames which I tend not to like anyway. I don't want people to call him Bo, if I wanted to name him that I would have ya know?!?

KasieH December 1st, 2009 10:44 AM

Re: Another name....

I like it alot. It works perfectly with your older son's name too. Good choice!

emmabear December 1st, 2009 10:51 AM

i think it's great and definitely matches your older son's name. i think he'll probably be nicknamed bo though, not much you can do about that.

Shelli1981 December 1st, 2009 10:52 AM

I really like it

palmetto_moon December 1st, 2009 11:25 AM

I can't think of any negative associations. The only time I've ever heard it was in the English royal family (???) Ann Bolyn. I'm sure I'm spelling it wrong. I don't really think thats a negative connotation at all and certainally would not prevent me from using a name I really liked!
I think it goes really great with your sons name.

esli232 December 1st, 2009 12:20 PM

Thanks ladies! I originally was not wanting to go with two B names, but this may be it :)

*Ashley* December 1st, 2009 01:49 PM

I like Bohlin Tate. It is cute. I think people will try to call him Bo but you correcting them should work. I am a freak about nicknames and if anybody uses one that I don't like for my girls then I correct them. Ex: When people called Camille, Cami (which I loathe) I simply said her name is Camille and we call her Camille or Millie.

shanna December 1st, 2009 01:53 PM

I think that is a cute name and goes well with your son's name.

CanadianLou December 1st, 2009 02:30 PM

I think the name works well with your other son's name..... but I'm just wondering if I am pronouncing it right....

Bow-Lyn?

Amanda C December 1st, 2009 02:49 PM

I like it and it does go well with your ds's name.

My Sweet Six December 1st, 2009 06:40 PM

I love it and it does go great with your oldest son!

mylene169 December 1st, 2009 07:31 PM

I love it!

esli232 December 2nd, 2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianLou (Post 18147950)
I think the name works well with your other son's name..... but I'm just wondering if I am pronouncing it right....

Bow-Lyn?

That's right, well as long as you're pronouncing bow like hair bow or bow hunting. Not like bow wow like a dog haha!

Thanks for all the comments ladies :)

Chelnae6 December 2nd, 2009 12:34 PM

If I hadnt seen the spelling, I'd think you named your child Bowling.

But I do think that Bohlin Tate goes well together. But I'm pretty sure people are still going to call him Bo

Love_the_Shoes December 2nd, 2009 01:25 PM

[QUOTE=~ChelNae6~;18160972]If I hadnt seen the spelling, I'd think you named your child Bowling.

lol--Chel that made me laugh.

I really like the name though. I think it's so original and Bo as a nickname is sexy (but I think Bo from Days of our Lives is dreamy, so I'm biased).

It will flow nicely w/your son--good choice!!!