JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Does it hurt when uterus stretches up and organs begin to shift? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/1790648-does-hurt-when-uterus-stretches-up-and-organs-begin-to-shift.html)

Love_the_Shoes December 2nd, 2009 08:52 AM

Does it hurt when uterus stretches up and organs begin to shift?

Well ladies...that annoying pain I had last Monday came back last night...the pain is centralized around my belly button and next to my belly button on the sides...last week I thought it was a muscle spasm from painting and steam-cleaning and my OB said to take it easy.

Last night in the shower the pain came back...I felt my stomach and pelvic area and it didn't feel "tight" all over...just really hurt in this spot...I had to bend forward again to help w/the pain. I had hot water on my stomach to soothe the aches and that helped a little. I crawled into bed and stayed on my left side adn I'm fine today.

I'm wondering if this pain is because my uterus is moving upward and stretching?

In the March DDC, another women posted something similiar to my post and all the responses were "round ligament pain".

When I was at my 20 w appt., my ob said that my uterus was now at my belly button and I will now be growing upward (she stopped right under by bb) and outward.

It's exciting if it's stretching b/c that means Alyssa is growing :)

Max n Meghan's Mom December 2nd, 2009 09:10 AM

Re: Does it hurt when uterus stretches up and organs begin to shift?

It can be a tender but I wouldn't say it's really painful. Towards the end if you have a strong baby it can get a little painful though. I've heard of bruising and cracked ribs!

lilflower December 2nd, 2009 10:53 AM

It can be from growing, but honestly it almost sounds like a braxton hick contraction. It's more sensitive during those where the baby is exactly. ??? hmm...

Chelnae6 December 2nd, 2009 12:26 PM

How often does the pain last when it occurred the last 2 times?

Love_the_Shoes December 2nd, 2009 12:57 PM

It lasts about 20 minutes...last night I was sitting eating dinner and started to get really achy in my lower back....but I just got adjusted from my chiro appt., so I thought it was that...then it was really uncomfortable, so I decided to take a hot shower and do some stretches in the shower (bending forward, touching my feet, etc.) while the hot water hit my back and abdomen.

I was able to fall asleep while rubbing/massaging the spot it hurt and I didn't need to take tylenol or anything, so it wasn't major pain, but it's definitly uncomfortable...