JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Better introduce the Newbie :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/1839199-better-introduce-newbie.html)

Ponyo22 January 16th, 2010 07:33 PM

Better introduce the Newbie :)

I'm new here and so excited to find this April '10 DDC!

My name is Lindsay, 26, first pregnancy. For the first few months we were calling the baby Ponyo- hence the screenname (I found out I was preggo right after we saw the new Miyazaki movie). We just found out we're having a girl and we're pretty set on the name Aurora Violet. I have two great step-kids who have mythological sky names- Griffon and Raven. So Aurora fits the theme (goddess of the sunrise).

I'm SOOO excited to be a mom. Then totally freaked out. Then excited again :) Thanks for letting me lurk on the boards and catch up on your older threads. Looking forward to getting through the home stretch with you ladies!

mylene169 January 16th, 2010 07:40 PM

Re: Better introduce the Newbie :)

Welcome Lindsay! Keep on posting away and feel free to keep on lurking and catching up on the older stuff, too :)

We've got a great mix of first-time and BTDT mommies here so there's a great wealth of knowledge! Ask anything you need answered and someone is sure to have some great advice!

I'm Mylene and I have a 2-year-old named Kaija Jane and we're expectin #2 on 4/4! This baby is a surprise and oddly we never thought of a nickname... so I just call him/her Baby. :)

AlexasMomma January 16th, 2010 07:41 PM

Congrats and welcome so what day are you due im melissa im due the 26th or so lol this is also my first a little girl her name is goin to be Alexa Bailey I love the name Aurora where are you fromi m in florida

Max n Meghan's Mom January 16th, 2010 07:48 PM

Welcome!

I'm Amy. I'm due with my second child, Meghan Joy on April 3rd. We're very excited.

Being a first time mom is so thrilling. Scary and exciting all at the same time.

Can't wait to share your experiences with you!

JBmom88 January 16th, 2010 07:49 PM

Hi! Welcome to the board!

Love_the_Shoes January 16th, 2010 08:03 PM

:clap: Welcome!

My name is Kristin (25) and hubby is Matt...we are expecting our first, a little girl named Alyssa June on April 6th.

I think you will really like this DDC (b/c we pretty much rock ;) ). I hope you stick around and jump on in!!

Congrats on your little girl!!

Ponyo22 January 16th, 2010 08:04 PM

Thanks!

Looks like I need to post a few more before I can insert image links. Then you can see the week 28 belly.

I'm in Colorado. Rory is due on April 10.

Wondering if there are any other first time moms here who have step-kids?

ChrissySTL January 16th, 2010 08:16 PM

Welcome! This board is the best, you will love it! I look forward to "talking" to you!

..Penelope.. January 16th, 2010 08:31 PM

:welcome: Lindsay! Congratulations on your little girl!!

I love the name Aurora :)

~Claudia~ January 16th, 2010 08:43 PM

Welcome :)

I love the nickname Rory!!

I am Claudia. DH and I have a 16 month boy (Nico) and are expecting another boy on April 12th (still trying to pick a name :D )

palmetto_moon January 16th, 2010 09:41 PM

Welcome Lindsay!!! My name is Angela. I am 33.
This is a great board. You'll love it here! I love the name you picked out and your step-kids names! So cute!
Glad you found us and can post with us the rest of the journey!

sd9981 January 17th, 2010 04:17 AM

welcome!!! i am Shannon expecting number 2 april 14!!!

love the name u chosen

krissy1989 January 17th, 2010 05:25 AM

Welcome!!!! :cheer: I LOVE your kids' names! And I think Aurora is just beautiful. ^_^

renee4152 January 17th, 2010 06:12 AM

welcome to the april ddc! i am Melinda (27). i have a 7 (8 in april) year old daughter and my baby boy, Levi Jackson, is due on april 12th. we are glad to have you hear. feel free to jump right in.

becker206 January 17th, 2010 08:14 AM

Congratulations and Welcome!!

frgsonmysox January 17th, 2010 08:59 AM

congrats and welcome! I'm Beth, married to Chris. All our kiddo's are listed in my siggy :)

Meganpixel January 17th, 2010 09:06 AM

congrats on your baby girl and welcome to the DDC. My name is Megan :)

Shelli1981 January 17th, 2010 09:11 AM

Congrats and Welcome

niema January 17th, 2010 09:27 AM

Hi and welcome to the April DDC!! Congrats on your baby girl! I love the name BTW!
Im Niema, mommy of 3 with an angel above and expecting a little boy on April 20th. Im still going through the naming war with my BF *sigh*.
Feel free to jump right on in!

CuteName January 17th, 2010 09:43 AM

Welcome!! I love the name too! I like different names like that, but my hubbie doesn't so we still don't have a name yet.

This is #5 for us, a total suprise. I have two kids and he has two kids so I guess I couldn't relate to the first time mom thing, but this is the first baby for my kids and the stepkids as a family and it should be interesting!