JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Drano Gender test ***PICS ADDED*** (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/1840984-drano-gender-test-pics-added.html)

Mommy2AmeliaKate January 18th, 2010 02:25 PM

Drano Gender test ***PICS ADDED***

I am so NOT a believer in old wives tales and gender predictors, however I really think the drano one works. It worked on me anyways. My friend who is 27 weeks and is having a surprise and I did the drano test today. Since I know I am having a boy, I was the control. Basically you pee in something clear and add Drano to it and watch to see if the color changes. If it turns darker it is a BOY, if it stays the same it is a GIRL. We did it at the exact same time and mine turned so much darker, and hers stayed the exact same color. We did the "experiment" twice and received the same results. She did it with her first pregnancy too and it did not change color (she ended up having a GIRL). I am so skeptical about these things, but I really believe she is having a girl. hehehe if nothing else I spent $7 on a bottle of drano which I needed anyways. Super fun science experiment! Try it and let me know your results. Will try to post a pic if I can figure it out!

In the pics below mine is the bag labeled "J"

BEFORE:
[IMG]http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/a...chmentaspx.jpg[/IMG]

AFTER:
[IMG]http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/a...0118001504.jpg[/IMG]

Mama2threeprincesses January 18th, 2010 02:36 PM

Re: Drano Gender test

Hmmm, I never heard of this! Cheaper than the intelligender test thingy, might be interesting to try! Thanks :)

KaiX2Momma January 18th, 2010 02:39 PM

ok, I just did it, BUT I read that it should be crystal Drano, but all I have is Drano GEL, well I did it and let it sit outside so I didnt smell fumes, and it foamed up and stayed a clear/yellow color(yellow from urine I guess).....hmmm so maybe girl?

Mommy2AmeliaKate January 18th, 2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvinFireWife (Post 18697233)
ok, I just did it, BUT I read that it should be crystal Drano, but all I have is Drano GEL, well I did it and let it sit outside so I didnt smell fumes, and it foamed up and stayed a clear/yellow color(yellow from urine I guess).....hmmm so maybe girl?

I could not find Drano crystal, so we used Drano gel too. worked just fine!

MaggieLizer January 18th, 2010 02:49 PM

Re: Drano Gender test ***PICS ADDED***

I have also heard that you had to use Drano crystals and I've only heard of people adding the urine to the crystals instead of the other way around. That is interesting! It will be interesting to see if it was right for both of you!

.s.o.p.h. January 18th, 2010 03:35 PM

Whats drano?

Mommy2AmeliaKate January 18th, 2010 03:57 PM

I think it was accurate for me just because I already know I am having a boy. I can't imagine why mine would have changed so drastically and hers not at all. Hmmmm....will be interesting to see what she has in 11 weeks.

GinaOfAllTrades January 18th, 2010 04:25 PM

Soph, Drano is a clog remover for sinks.

I am thinking that the Drano works the same as the Inteligender test and based on your ph level. But Icould be wrong.

iluvgummies January 18th, 2010 08:15 PM

I was going to do this w/ DS, but never got around to it. Might do it this time, though. I will add that my mom did this when she was pregnant w/ me & it stayed the same color. A girlfriend of hers did it as well and I forget what she had, but my mom said her result ended up being accurate, too.

AmandaEliz January 18th, 2010 08:47 PM

Too funny! My mom's BFF is dying to have me try this! She swears by the results (says it was right for both of her grandsons). I'll probably humor her the next time I'm back home in PA.

Ang1885 January 18th, 2010 09:15 PM

Was the test done with first morning urine or no? lol If not in the morning I might do it tonight.

Sephia January 18th, 2010 10:14 PM

I've tried it with the crystals before not the gel. How much gel did you use? It seems safer since you show it in plastic ziploc baggies.

Mommy2AmeliaKate January 19th, 2010 01:43 AM

Did not use FMU. I mixed probably 1/2 a cup of Drano with the pee. If you do it in a baggy make sure you leave a small opening at the top so the chemical reaction doesn't explode. That would make a huge nasty mess. I showed my husband the results and he thought it was so gross. hahaha yet men can get away with dumber things!

Lizas_mommy January 19th, 2010 08:06 AM

Thanks so much for sharing! Never heard of this theory but I have Drano at home so I will probably try it!

ElizabethS January 19th, 2010 08:35 AM

Interesting! ;) Will be cool to see if its correct!

KaiX2Momma January 19th, 2010 12:28 PM

I used about 1/4 cup drano and maybe 2/3 cup urine, put the drano in a clear plastic cup and added the urine, used a spoon to swirl it around realy quick and shut the door, so it was outside. I watch throug the clear door and it foamed up and then stayed the same color, so I waited about 15 minutes and got the cup and discarded the mixture in the toilet and threw away the cup. Never smelt any of it.

Maubrey3183 January 1st, 2013 07:08 PM

I know this post was posted a long time ago but wanted to see if anyone has tried this test using the drano gel? My husband mixed mine for me and turned a dark color. Let me know if the gel works or only the crystals.

hilachu January 11th, 2013 04:37 PM

I really should do this but probably wont =)
we find out baby#2 on tuesday

bravia July 9th, 2013 10:46 PM

Hi Everyone .
I wants to know how can we tell if we going to give birth to a boy or girl.
I just read all of your comments .
Guy's Could you guys plz tell me if the crystal DRANO is the same thing as a crystal DRANO clog remover .
Thank you .

bravia July 9th, 2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaiX2Momma (Post 18697233)

Hi there.
I just read your old comment and I just wonder what happened at the end did you had a girl or boy .
Thanks