JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Breast Pumps Medela (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/1843300-breast-pumps-medela.html)

Meganpixel January 20th, 2010 06:08 AM

Breast Pumps Medela

I am sorry if this has already been asked....

I am pretty much set on getting a medela. One of the electric ones. When Searching online they have like soooo many different models. I want something simple. After the baby is born I am actually going to be working from home for the most part. I am pretty excited that my job is letting me do so. It was actually their idea. so with that said, I don't need anything fancy as I will pretty much be pumping here.

Do you also have any recommendations on storage or accessories?

Thanks for your help ladies!! Happy Wednesday!!

Pray for those in Haiti, I feel soooo bad that had such a bad aftershock this morning. Its been breaking my heart. We are all so lucky....

becker206 January 20th, 2010 06:35 AM

Re: Breast Pumps Medela

I have the Medela Pump in Style Backpack and really like it a lot.

QueenCrafty January 20th, 2010 06:46 AM

I've heard the Pump in Style is great! DH got me the Pump in Style Advanced with the metro bag for Christmas. I'm not entirely sure this is much of a difference between the advanced vs. the regular one except for the bag and price tag.

Meganpixel January 20th, 2010 07:09 AM

Does anyone have this one? it look simple but does it do the J O B :)

Medela Swing Breast Pump : Target

dbarney January 20th, 2010 07:15 AM

That's the one I started out with. It worked great but I used the in Style on and loved it more. But I never got that one so I just will us my swing. I think it just has less suction as the better ones.

frgsonmysox January 20th, 2010 07:31 AM

Yeah, it's not so much fancy thats the issue. It depends on how MUCH you are pumping. If you plan on pumping a lot get a higher grade pump, if it's less often get a lower grade pump.

sarah* January 20th, 2010 07:45 AM

I got a simple Medela mini electric pump it has a built in motor (it takes batteries but runs by being plugged in also) Buy Medela Mini Electric Breast Pump online at JohnLewis.com

It has three different settings and it worked wonderful for me i got lots of milk from it and it does not cost that much

amazing_love January 20th, 2010 08:32 AM

I bought the medela pump in style advanced w/shoulder bag. I decided to spend a little more for this pump because i've heard such great things about it.

~ Christine ~ January 20th, 2010 09:55 AM

If you plan on pumping quite a bit, then definitely get a double breast pump. The last thing you want to do with a new born is have to pump for 40 min with a single pump. I have the Pump in style and have used it for both kids and will use it again for this one. If you plan on having more kids, invest in a double electric pump.

LoveMyGuys January 20th, 2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meganpixel (Post 18722195)
Does anyone have this one? it look simple but does it do the J O B :)

Medela Swing Breast Pump : Target

This is what I have. It worked great for me especially since I was a stay at home mom. Actually the free (given to us at the hospital) Medela manual pump worked good enough and didn't take very long for me to express much milk. But I agree with Christine. If you plan on pumping a lot or ever working outside the house then you may want to consider a double pump.

TeamNick January 20th, 2010 10:17 AM

I have the pump in style with the shoulder bag.

Kittynoah January 20th, 2010 11:48 AM

I got the pump in style from Medela with the shoulder bag from my sister. She said it worked great. All I had to do was register for new accessories, and Medela sent me free tubing (you just have to call and ask).