JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Had an u/s today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/1846453-had-u-s-today.html)

MichelleN January 22nd, 2010 09:59 AM

Had an u/s today

Had an ultrasound today with a perinatologist. My little girl is measuring 2 1/2 weeks ahead. So she's measuring almost 32 weeks. This is consistant with the ultrasound that I had back in December. She weighs approximately 4lb 4oz. Yikes! That's in the 97th percentile. The doctor said if she continues this growth she'll be around 10lbs at full term. They kept asking me if I had my gestational diabetes test yet. I told them that the results came out normal. So they don't know why she's measuring big. Every baby grows at a different rate. So who knows. Kinda scares me to think she could be that big! I hemorrhaged after I had my son and he was only 4lb 14ozs. Right now she is breech but has plenty of time to turn. I may end up having a c-section if she continues to grow and stays breech. She was head down yesterday but I felt some big turning movements last night.

fibigrey January 22nd, 2010 10:10 AM

Re: Had an u/s today

WOW! I just had an US done (i'm 28 weeks) and my baby was only 3 ounces bigger than average lol 2lbs 13oz.. For your sake, her growth might slow up a little! Good luck!!!

lilflower January 22nd, 2010 10:14 AM

At my 28 week u/s (monday) my little one is measuring in at 3lbs 1 oz! You've got a nice healthy baby!

amazing_love January 22nd, 2010 10:58 AM

I'm glad she seems healthy. That's crazy that your doc guessed her birth weight to be around 10 lbs!

JaxonsMom2010 January 22nd, 2010 11:06 AM

US weight measurements can be wrong. My SIL went in for one. The doctor told her that the baby was weighting only 5lbs and something at 37 weeks. She delivered her little girl the following week at 8lbs 3 oz. A friend of mine went in for one. The doctor said the baby weighed 7lbs 6 oz. Her baby was born two days later weighing just a little over 6lbs.

I am glad she is healthy.

dbarney January 22nd, 2010 11:16 AM

It's nice to hear she's healthy but WOW on her growing so fast.

sarah* January 22nd, 2010 01:46 PM

wow i hope they are wrong with the weight they told me my DD rhianna was 5lbs 12oz at 37 weeks she was born 3 weeks later though only weighing 5lbs 13oz!

shanna January 22nd, 2010 01:58 PM

wow! I went for an u/s on Monday and was 28 weeks 6days and my little girl was appox 3lbs. 7 oz. I'm hoping the u/s tech was wrong because I'm afraid she's going to be a big baby if she continues to grow like this. My DD was 6 lbs. 13 oz. at birth at 37 weeks so I can't imagine having an 8 lb + baby.

MichelleN January 22nd, 2010 02:13 PM

After my water broke with my son (at 33 weeks 5 days), they did an ultrasound to see how big he was. They thought he weighed around 5lb 5oz. When he was born he actually weighed 4lb 14oz. So just a little off. They do have a margin of error. You could kind of see her checks on the ultrasound and they looked chubby. So I do think we're going to have a chubby little girl. So different than my long and skinny little boy!

becker206 January 22nd, 2010 02:47 PM

Awww.. that is cute you could see her chubby cheeks!

Mom at Home January 22nd, 2010 07:06 PM

Hopefully she doesn't get to big for you, speaking as someone who had an almost 10lb vaginal birth it wasn't fun. At my 28wk this time she's measuring about 1 1/2wks bigger and they estimated her over 3lbs (can't remember what she said exactly, but I also dont' put to much stock in that since the day I delivered my 9lb 13oz DD they estimated her about 8lbs via ultrasound). The one photo I got also shows a very pudgy face and a HUGE belly (looks like the baby swallowed a basketball) but I'm guessing that was just from her weird angle (breech, transverse, and laying facing towards my spine)

Amanda C January 22nd, 2010 07:11 PM

My dd was born at 37 weeks 3 days weighing 8 lbs 8 oz. Like you they immediatly starting asking if I had taken and passed my GD test.

I'm glad everything is looking good for you!