JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   BTDT Moms--- What were your cravings with previous pregnancies? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/1851344-btdt-moms-what-were-your-cravings-previous-pregnancies.html)

lexicon January 26th, 2010 03:59 PM

BTDT Moms--- What were your cravings with previous pregnancies?

Just for fun.... let's share some of those strange/funny things we craved during our other pregnancies! :lol:

Justjessie January 26th, 2010 04:06 PM

Re: BTDT Moms--- What were your cravings with previous pregnancies?

With my daughter, I craved slurpees.

She ended up being born and weighing in at 7 lbs 11 oz. Get it? 7-11!!!

With my son I craved bomb pops and honey mustard from Outback Steakhouse.

jewels7 January 26th, 2010 04:09 PM

When I was pregnant with Jadon, all I wanted was sour stuff like lemons and sour candy.

mater bibit January 26th, 2010 04:13 PM

With my firstborn I wanted whoppers all the time (my digestive system paid for the daily intake). With my second I craved italian ice (it was summer). I don't recall anything with my 3rd.

Baby4Four January 26th, 2010 04:26 PM

With my first I wanted peas all the time. I literally ate them throughout my whole pregnancy. With my twins I wanted steamed mixed veggies (broccoli, carrots and cauliflower). I ate them literally every night for dinner for about 16 weeks. I don't know what my thing is with vegetables. I have never really had sweet cravings. This time I haven't really craved any vegetables, aside from a baked potato. So far I've craved Tuna salad, toasted bagel with cream cheese and the baked potato.

*~Jen~* January 26th, 2010 05:45 PM

With Seth it was Thai food.

With Caleb it was cherry limeades and lemon berry slushes from Sonic.

cabbagepatch January 26th, 2010 06:00 PM

Nothing too weird. With ds I wanted the non-kosher combo of beef and milkshakes. It could be tacos, hamburgers, ruebens, roast beef, just so long as it was beef and a big ole milkshake with it. With dd I wanted fruit, coke and sweet tea. With this one I want fruit, beef and potatoes. So far anyway. I think the cravings get worse as the pregnancy progresses.

pbcups10 January 26th, 2010 06:19 PM

Wow it's interesting how so many craved sweet icy things. I too craved cherry icees with my first. I also craved avocados with him, especially in the form of guacamole. But not much else. I pretty much ate a normal diet with no aversions.

This time I am averse to any veggie and most forms of meat. All I want is cereal, tuna sandwiches, bagels, cheese, apples and grapes. Hope this passes soon so I can get back to eating my veggies!

redbirds January 26th, 2010 06:21 PM

With DD, it was fruit, fruit and more fruit. I couldn't get enough.

With this one, it's hard to tell yet, but right now, it's WATER! I can't seem to get enough!

(Mayhem) January 26th, 2010 06:56 PM

My my first DD I wanted popcorn and skittles mixed together! Since I gave birth from that pregnancy popcorn makes me gag!

My second DD it was beef all the time, except for tacos....tacos made me stomach turn.

lexicon January 26th, 2010 07:55 PM

With my DD all I wanted were egg rolls, hot peppers and SALSA with lime tortilla chips!! I literally ate hot peppers and salsa almost every single day. If we went out for dinner I always ordered the spiciest items on the menu (think buffalo chicken, curry chicken, etc) and I always PAID for it every single day with heartburn!! :lol:

I still have a thing for salsa this time around so far.

blondie0907 January 26th, 2010 09:17 PM

I wanted sour stuff with my son. I LOVED sour patch kids and popsicles!! Yummy!! I think it is still a bit early for this pregnancy yet.

mothra January 27th, 2010 08:28 AM

PINEAPPLES! that was my first craving with my son and the one that stuck around my whole pregnancy. i used to buy the cans of pineapple juice & guzzle them down. the night before i went into labor i'd bought a whole fresh pineapple and ate nearly all of it!!

also: cucumber sandwiches, fountain coke with ice, onion rings, starburst, and lots of other random things i can't think of right now.

The Heather January 27th, 2010 08:34 AM

With my DD, I really didn't have any cravings. So far this time, I just have some aversions due to my m/s.

emmiejack0810 January 27th, 2010 09:17 AM

DD - in the beginning it was Chocolate Shakes and then moved to red drinks - whether it was fruit punch, fruit juice and my favorite was either raspberry or strawberry lemondae...

So far with this Tadpole - nothing in particular - more italian stuff I guess - pasta and pizza...

Larudy24 January 27th, 2010 11:23 AM

With my son it was tomatoes, with an adversion to any kind of meat but chicken
With this pregnancy I have been craving streets of new york pizza, veggies, and sour stuff! still an adversion to meats

those3fergusons January 27th, 2010 01:05 PM

With Jaynie, I craved vegetables....any vegetables. I started liking Chinese food while pregnant with her. She loves chinese food now, and her favorite food is broccoli! Too funny! :lol:

C&J's Mom January 27th, 2010 02:10 PM

I don't really remember a constant craving while I was pregnant with DS. It was more of phases. I went through a salad phase for awhile then a fruit phase. Oh and skittles!

This time so far it depends on the week! I would say I have more aversions than cravings so far.

Pink.Crazy January 27th, 2010 02:21 PM

With my son extra strong mints. They actually thought I had GD because of all the sugar in my urine.. told me to cut out the mints for a day and voila! I even cried when my mum wouldn't go out at midnight tog et me some. He was born 9lb 2oz :lol:

With pg #2... Mars bars and lucozade/fresh OJ.... ^i^

This time..... FOOD!! Of the sweet variety :D