JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Tax time! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/1852184-tax-time.html)

Mommy2Ethan January 27th, 2010 09:19 AM

Tax time!

Whats everyones plans with their tax returns this year??

Irish_Wristwatch January 27th, 2010 09:21 AM

Re: Tax time!

Baby stuff, hopefully i get some back, though im not sure, i may have to pay

Cabrini79 January 27th, 2010 09:23 AM

Using mine to help cover my maternity leave. I don't have a lot of time built up at work since it is a fairly new position and I had some illness in my family last year. So, I used a lot of my time to be with family during that. So, looking forward to the tax return to help cover my maternity leave!!

stephie1012 January 27th, 2010 09:23 AM

Another Disney trip, just dd and my mom and i are going this time tho. Saving some for my deductible, fixing up DHs truck and paying bills.

Kaema January 27th, 2010 09:26 AM

I'm not getting much back since I've not worked since July. All of it is being sent to my puppy's breeder as another payment.

JenAnne January 27th, 2010 09:31 AM

We'll probably use some of it to pay for the baby's birth.

We'd planned to buy new furniture before I got pregnant, but....lol

I figure whatever we have left'll go to the bills. We're pretty extravagant! :p

NCRG2010 January 27th, 2010 09:32 AM

banking it.

Army_Wife January 27th, 2010 10:52 AM

Fencing in the yard, buying a new oven (ours just died 2 nights ago--UGH!), buying the small amount of baby stuff we need and saving the rest. I'm super-excited about fencing in the yard so the kids and dogs can run and play safely since we live on a fairly busy road. I'm still ticked about the oven, though...that was so NOT on the list. Oh well...

*Stacey* January 27th, 2010 11:40 AM

I'm seriously just hoping that I don't have to pay! I spent 10 months on mat leave last year and it killed us the last time while on mat leave for Cadence.

Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy January 27th, 2010 11:43 AM

mine are going straight into savings. I will be in the middle of moving, so I can't buy anything. But dh deserves a new truck when he gets home from his deployment, so I think it will go towards that when he gets home

TeresaSuperMama January 27th, 2010 11:44 AM

Not sure if we'll be getting anything back this year.

jennsation January 27th, 2010 11:50 AM

Hopefully, it will be going towards a new vehicle for me!!! I NEVER spend my tax return on myself (last year I bought the man and the kids dirt bikes and put the rest towards bills) so I'm hopeful this year I'll get to finally use the money on myself! :)

KGR1976 January 27th, 2010 11:50 AM

Don't know if we'll end up owing anything this year or not.

.Jessica. January 27th, 2010 11:56 AM

We are most likely going to pay out the nose this year. Hubby made way too much last year..hmph where did all the money go?

KatieHeitman January 27th, 2010 12:27 PM

We plan on putting at least half of it towards our credit card and the other half will be used for a vacation.

Lisa1980 January 27th, 2010 01:05 PM

Half will go toward the credit card that some of our wedding went on and then the other half will go toward letting me stay out of work the extra six weeks that aren't paid through disability.

♥womanintheshoe♥ January 27th, 2010 02:09 PM

One month's pay in the bank (we do this every year), beef up line items in our budget (medical, food), buy a convertible carseat, some home improvements (our master bedroom will be a girls' suite).

ttc1more January 27th, 2010 02:17 PM

I am banking it all. By the time the baby comes I might only have 2 weeks vac built up and I really would love to be home for atleast 3 or 4 months if poss. We should be getting a decent amout back this yr. We are also lucky enough to get some money from school. So that will help too.

mommydiva January 27th, 2010 02:54 PM

we are getting just enough back to pay of the credit card! Yay to being back to debt free...lol minus school loans

KatRomero79 January 27th, 2010 03:16 PM

This year my ex is claiming the kids :( So what I do get will go directly to my student loans, with nothing left over.