JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Leanne78 & who_it_is (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/1852416-leanne78-and-who_it_is.html)

Momeejenjen January 27th, 2010 11:31 AM

Leanne78 & who_it_is

Name: (First name) Leanne
User Name: Leanne78
Due Date: June 28th - although I noticed the doctor had me down for June 29th on my paperwork
Boy/Girl/Unknown: Unknown for another 3 weeks
Marital Status: Married
What # Pregnancy is this for you? 1
How many children do you have? 0

Name: Lisa
User Name: who_it_is
Due Date: June 30
Boy/Girl/Unknown: Unknown until the second week of feb
Marital Status: married
What # Pregnancy is this for you? Pregnancy #3
How many children do you have? DD - 11 (almost 12) and DS - 8

who_it_is January 27th, 2010 12:17 PM

Re: Leanne78 & who_it_is

Hi Leanne!!!

Leanne78 January 28th, 2010 08:51 AM

Hi Lisa!!! :)

who_it_is January 28th, 2010 11:47 AM

So I will be honest, I have no clue what a due date buddy is supposed to do... How are you feeling?

Leanne78 January 28th, 2010 01:26 PM

LOL! Me neither Lisa! I wasn't sure if I should post some questions, a bio or what! I'm feeling pretty good right now. I definitely have much more energy now than I have in a long time. I'm still dealing with sciatic pain in my left leg, but I go to a chiropractor every other week and that has been helping. I've also been treating myself to some prenatal massages at a local spa. That has been heavenly! So, are you hoping for a particular sex this time around?

who_it_is January 28th, 2010 02:38 PM

A chiropractor and a massage sound heavenly! I know sciatic pain well. With DD she was pretty much camped out right on my sciatic nerve for the last three months.

If you want ask questions, feel fre - I am pretty open, and what I don't think is OK to share with a public forum, I can always PM you. I wasn't sure what to do, either. :)

I don't really have my hopes on one sex or the other. I am good with a healthy baby. DH I know would really like a boy (this is his first child), but I know he would be just as happy to have a little girl. While we both say that this will be the last, I have a feeling if this one is a girl, we will be trying for a boy sometime in the next few years.

I am just antsy to know one way or the other so I can start some shopping. There is so little selection in the neutral stuff it seems. Our u/s is 2/16 so I will find out soon enough.

What about you, are you hoping for a particular sex? If I remember, you had an u/s, but they couldn't tell gender - is that right? Are you going for another u/s?

Leanne78 January 29th, 2010 06:54 AM

I'm actually having a girl which is what DH and I were hoping for. I had originally wanted a boy, but DH wanted a girl so bad that I started wanting one too. ;) I do have another ultrasound next week though so they can take a better look at the heart. I had the big ultrasound kind of early (17 weeks) because they were concerned about my Quad results. Everything turned out great on the ultrasound, but the baby wasn't being too cooperative at letting them get any heart pictures. She kept flipping and flopping and doing cartwheels in there. It's amazing that for how active she is, I haven't felt a thing. They also told me she was already measuring 7" at 17 weeks and about 8.5 oz., so she's a little chunker.

Not too much longer for your U/S! I know the wait can seem like forever. I've been trying to keep my shopping in line, but once you know, you just want to buy EVERYTHING. ;) It's my first too, so I'm all that much worse about wanting to get things.

who_it_is January 29th, 2010 09:46 AM

Well even though this is my third, it has been 8 years - so I really have nothing. Another baby wasn't totally in my plan 8 years ago, so as DS grew out of things, I got rid of them to make space. Fast forward through a divorce It's DH's first, so he wants everything, and I know that we need everything, and am so easily influenced to shop. So it should get interesting once we know if it's a girl or a boy. His family is also huge, and super excited so they are eager to get shopping too, I think.

Leanne78 February 1st, 2010 02:02 PM

Hello due date buddy! :) Did you have a good weekend? We painted the nursery and started to set it up a little. I'm going to start working on the crib tonight. Any appointments this week? I feel like I have ton - chiropractor tonight, OB tomorrow and then another ultrasound on Thursday. Nothing after that for a while though. Hope all is well!

who_it_is February 1st, 2010 02:20 PM

Our weekend was probably the calmest we will have for the next several months. We signed a lease on a house at the end of last week, and will be moving at the end of the month. Huge jump from the little apartment that I have been in for the last 5 years to a house. So we did some looking around for a new washer/dryer and ran some other errands.

No appointments for me this week so far. I am thinking about calling the chiropractor because my right shoulder has been killing me. My next appointment isn't until the 16th, but it's the but u/s, so we are excited about that.

Yay about the crib and nursery! I can't wait to start getting those things done. We have to hold off until we move, but are starting to look around for things already. Baby will be rooming with us for the first bit so I have a little while to think about what I am going to do. Once he/she is a bit older he/she will be sharing a room with DS who is 8 so I have been thinking about what kind of theme would work for both.

Glad to hear you are doing well!

Leanne78 February 4th, 2010 11:48 AM

The move sounds exciting!!! :) And you will be able to get all settled before baby comes.

Appointments this week went well. The baby is growing good and it is still a girl thank goodness! They want me to come back in 5 weeks for an Echocardiogram (not sure I'm spelling that right). They are still being cautious about the elevated Trisomy 18 risk even though it still doesn't appear that the baby has it. So, I have that heart test and then they are scheduling me for another ultrasound (my 4th) sometime in my 8th month to make sure the growth hasn't stalled.

So, are you anywhere where you might get some snow this weekend? Can't remember if I read where you are in a thread somewhere. I'm in PA and we are supposed to get slammed Friday night through Saturday with snow. I plan to take it easy this weekend and enjoy the snow. :)

who_it_is February 4th, 2010 02:04 PM

The move is exciting. I forget how much work is involved in moving - switching the kids school (because we will now be on the other side of town), setting up utilities, ect. All of this of course during tax season, with Masters classes thrown in on the side - so it should be a busy month. BUT, I am sure it will all be worth it once I am able to actually sit and enjoy.

Yay about the appointments this week. I think I would rather have a team of Dr.'s that are more cautious than not. And an additional ultra sound will not only let you (and them) see that things are continuing to go well, but an extra opportunity to peek in on the little one is always a good thing.

I am in Oregon, so no snow for us this weekend. We got about a day of snow just before New Years, but that was it for this year. It's still fairly chilly and rainy most days, but I think we are past the time of year when we will get any snow. Our weekends are almost always busy ones- with DH's super large family there is just about always something going on for someone. This weekend his Grandma's sister is coming to visit from Washington, so there is a family thing to go to Saturday, then his mom is hosting a Super Bowl party on Sunday, so it is sounding like we will have to go to that as well. It's great to have such a large family all so close, but I would love a weekend to just say in my PJ's and not get out of bed. Maybe when we get closer to June I will be able to get one of those. :)

So have you decided on a name for your litte girl?

Leanne78 February 4th, 2010 05:43 PM

Still working on names. At first we had Kaelyn Madison picked out, but DH seems to have cooled to that name. Now he is stuck on "Alexis" which isn't really my favorite. I think we will literally be deciding up until June!

Moves are definitely a lot of work. I still shudder when I think about our move from MD to PA. It's hard to believe how much stuff we had to move and we had only been in a little townhouse before this house. Are you working on your Masters? My DH is currently working on his MBA. He just got finished doing an online quiz actually. Lots of work involved in that. Sounds like you have your plate full! It will all be so worth it though.

All of my DH's family is from the Spokane area. They are having a pretty mild winter and I think snow is pretty much out of their forecast too for the season. They are calling for 12 - 24" here so looks like winter isn't going anywhere for us!

who_it_is February 5th, 2010 09:30 AM

It certainly has been a mild winter in the Pacific Northwest. There was a little snow farther north, but nothing like the last two years. My husband is actually up near Spokane today doing a training for his work.

I am working on a Masters of Accountancy. I am just a class in, and should be done somewhere close to August 2011. I know it will definately be worth it in the end. I work in a tiny little office, for a great CPA/financial planner. His "retirement plan" is to work until he can't think straight anymore then sell the business to me. So knowing that I will own my own already well established business sometime in the next 10 years is my light at the end of the tunnel. But for now, sure makes for some hectic times.

Names are so hard sometimes. With DD, we had a boy name picked out because we were expecting her to be a boy (per the u/s) so had a bit of a scramble when she arrived. DS was pretty much named the day he was born too. This one, we actually already have names picked out so that is a new thing for me. DH has very few requests in naming, and so it was a pretty easy compromise. Izabella Noel for a girl -with Noel being for his dad. We met the night before his dad's cremation ceremony and he has always felt his dad had a hand in our relationship. For a boy we are going with Jackson Gene - Jack for his grandpa, legnthened to Jackson to better fit with DS's name, and Gene again for DH's dad.

who_it_is February 12th, 2010 10:32 AM

Hey there Leanne! Just thought I would check in to see how your week has gone. Sounds like tons and tons of snow out in the east. DH has a sister that lives in MD and she has been sending us pictures. Yikes!

I have had a fairly quiet week. Still some milk cramping in my lower back that seems to get worse when I am tired or have done too much. But I am glad it's Friday. We have out next OB appointment and the big u/s next Tuesday, so we are excited for that.

How are things going for you this week?

Leanne78 February 15th, 2010 08:27 AM

Hi Lisa! Sorry I have been MIA. The snow has kept us very busy and I had to go out of state for a friend's wedding. I was her Matron of Honor and preparations for that also kept me pretty busy last week. The wedding went well though and thankfully I didn't look very pregnant in the pictures. ;) I was sooo happy to get back home on Sunday though. I just don't have the energy for all that activity - staying up late decorating, etc... Any appointments this week? I do not have anything until the first week in March. I have a regular OB appointment on the 2nd and then an Echocardiogram on the 11th to check the baby's heart. I'm feeling pretty good. Still not feeling a lot of movement from baby though. Just a little nudge now and then and it's not strong enough for me to be 100% positive what I am feeling. I hope she starts to get a little more active this week. I don't want any painful jabs, just enough movement to know she's ok. Not much longer for your big ultrasound, right?

who_it_is February 15th, 2010 09:37 AM

Big ultrasound is tomorrow. :)

I hear you about the movement, I mean, not that I want anything painful, but a little more movement would certainly be reassuring. Sometimes it's hard to know if it's really the little one moving or my internal organs shifting yet again. I do feel little nudges here and there, but still nothing consisitent, and I really have to sit quietly and pay attention to feeling something. I am sure soon enough we will be both feeling that definate movement, and thinking that maybe the little one could settle down just a little bit.

We had a pretty busy weekend as well. Did some packing, dinner for Valentines, and some shopping on Sunday. I was totally sore and tired by the end of the day yesterday. I have to remember that I just can't do those marathon days out and about anymore.

Leanne78 February 18th, 2010 07:32 AM

How did the big ultrasound go Lisa? Sorry if I missed a thread about it on the main board. I've been really bad about being on the forum lately. Too much going on at work and I rarely sign in from home. Hope all is well!!!

who_it_is February 22nd, 2010 09:30 AM

Ahhhhh it has been a crazy bust week at work (it's tax season) and completely crazy at home (with the big move next weekend). The ultrasound went well. The tech was able to get some good pics, and was able to pretty definatively identify that the little one is a girl. Everyone is happy and excited.

How have things been with you? It's been a crazy week, and will likely be more of the same in the next few weeks (well until April 15th actually).

Baby wise, things are moving along. We did a little shopping this weekend, and got some cute outfits. Ordered some diapers (cloth), and tried to decide on bedding.

Leanne78 February 22nd, 2010 10:00 AM

Congrats on the girl!!! :)

I bet you are busy with the big move coming up! Things have been pretty quiet here. No appointments this week but I have several next week. I have a 3D/4D ultrasound scheduled for 4 weeks from now too. Our doctor's offices around here do not do them, so you have to book a special private clinic that does them. It's basically a prenatal photo studio. ;) I'm really looking forward to that. Fingers crossed they can get some good photos.

I'm starting to feel a little more movement. Not all the time, just occasionally. People are starting to tell me that I am starting to show too, so I guess I'll have to resign the fact that I'm getting big now. ;)

Have fun with the shopping! I really need to start pulling together the basics. I was holding off thinking my family might throw me a baby shower, but I'm pretty positive now that they aren't. Oh well...