JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   So it's time to paint the nursery.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/1864811-so-its-time-to-paint-nursery.html)

Amanda C February 6th, 2010 02:19 PM

So it's time to paint the nursery....

And I don't think I can do it:( Dh doesn't have time to do it and my muscles are so, so tight and tense from my rib cage down to my knees that I honestly don't think I can do it.

I hate to pay someone b/c that's money I could be spending on baby stuff but if I try to do it myself I know it will take me forever.

Would you give up and just pay to have it done? I already have my furniture and bedding so once it's painted I can move everything in and get his clothes and things put away.

ShellieBenson February 6th, 2010 02:27 PM

Re: So it's time to paint the nursery....

It's up to you!!! ...I painted Matthews room 2 weekends ago and it took FOUR coats ( of course I pick a color that would kill me) and it was soooooooooo hard on me!!! If I could have done it in 2 coats, it would have been MUCH easier - I should have used primer - that was my own stupid fault.

I would probably pay someone if I knew I couldnt, I tend to "want things done" and I hate waiting, LOL!

Amanda C February 6th, 2010 02:31 PM

It's currently pale pink and we're painting it an off white/light tan. But the walls need painting and the trim also needs to be touched up-it's white.

It just seems like so much work. IDK. I think I could do it in 2 coats if I use a paint with a primer mixed in but I'm not certain.

Twhylite21 February 6th, 2010 02:59 PM

I would probably pay someone to do it if you feel like it would be hard for you. You can probably find someone for a really reasonable amount for just one room.

Mom at Home February 6th, 2010 03:14 PM

Hmm... I'm not sure. I'm terribly "thrifty" (ie cheap) when it comes to things I know I can do myself I hate to pay someone to do them (for instance getting 1/2 the huge sectional sofa up out of the basement a few weeks back.. um... yeah). However if I was really to tired to do it and I wanted it done NOW (as I always do) I'd call and get some quotes at least and then decide. Maybe you could talk some friends into doing it with you if you bribed them with dinner, or cookies or something?

QueenCrafty February 6th, 2010 07:42 PM

Bribing friends is a great idea! I hope you can find someone that is willing to do it

palmetto_moon February 6th, 2010 07:47 PM

Honestly, I'd probably bribe my husband with a sexual favor and then hope he'd make the time. Just kidding.
Really, I have same delimma. I want to re-paint our girls' room since eventually all four girls will be in there or at least change out the boarder but hubby is dragging his feat about it. He doesn't like to paint. I could do it but just I don't know...don't feel like it either. We'll see...

Amanda C February 7th, 2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amf4976 (Post 18956495)
Honestly, I'd probably bribe my husband with a sexual favor and then hope he'd make the time. Just kidding.
Really, I have same delimma. I want to re-paint our girls' room since eventually all four girls will be in there or at least change out the boarder but hubby is dragging his feat about it. He doesn't like to paint. I could do it but just I don't know...don't feel like it either. We'll see...

LOL!

k8liz311 February 7th, 2010 09:45 AM

I would definitely see if some friends could help. It's not too difficult to paint one room.. just offer to buy them pizza and beer!