JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Name issues! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/1867161-name-issues.html)

jen* February 8th, 2010 07:00 PM

Name issues!

Ugh. I am terrible at deciding on a name for this baby.

A few weeks ago, we came up with a list and I liked all of them, but now... I don't know if I like any. DH is going to flip out if I tell him that b/c I'm so indecisive already, but I just don't know. it's such a big decision!

So, here are our thoughts:

Archer - I've been thinking of the baby as this for a long time, DH likes "Archie" which I think could
be cute. But now I'm not sure...

August - DH has loved this name for forever and likes the nn Auggie.

Henry - I like how this sounds with Jack (my two little old men:wub:) but it seems like it's becoming
more common and we already have a VERY common name (Jackson) so I'd like to be more
distinct this time. Plus, I don't really like the nn "Hank"

Ronan - It's ok, but there is already one at daycare

Rocco - Not sure if another potentially blonde child can pull it off

Griffin... it's a maybe... our last name starts with G and might not sound good together

Then there are the ones that we don't agree on:

Reggie - DH loves it

Virgil - DH claims he loves it (sorry if someone is naming their baby Virgil or married to a Virg, but
I think my DH is making up that he likes this name just to annoy me. I mean... seriously?)

Sawyer - I like this one, but I don't like how there is no nickname. I'm a big nickname person :)

I love Bennet or Benjamin, but don't like "Ben" with our last name

Samuel... a maybe

So... I just don't know. I have no idea how I'll make this decision. It's so hard for me. It seems like many of you just knew... how did you know? I don't think I ever really felt that way about Jack either, but now I can't picture him any other name.

It's so hard!!!!!!!

Anyone else having a tough time?

emmabear February 8th, 2010 07:21 PM

Re: Name issues!

yeah, it is really tough, isn't it. we had a heck of a time choosing ours.

i love sawyer. but i see what you mean about no nickname. i also love rocco (that's adorable to me, blonde or not), archer and henry.

you'll find the right name. even if it's not until you see his face. :)

~Claudia~ February 8th, 2010 09:21 PM

I am on the same boat!!!

It was so easy to choose a name for DS... why has to be so complicated to choose one for this baby? neither DH or I seem to be able to make a decision and it is driving me insane :(

Kittynoah February 9th, 2010 04:18 AM

I like August and the nn Auggie or Gus is really cute. We aren't having difficulties but this is our first baby. I am sure our second will be more difficult, especially if we have another boy.

Love_the_Shoes February 9th, 2010 08:09 AM

I really like Rocco! I can see the name on both dark and light haired.

I like Samuel/Sam. Samuel Jackson..just like the actor.

I like the name Oliver (not on your list, but I just love it). Oliver and Jack. That sounds like a nice set of brothers. But then his nickname would be OJ...perhaps not the best nickname to be called.

TeamNick February 9th, 2010 10:15 AM

I love Henry!

Mrs_Hub February 9th, 2010 10:27 AM

I really like August, I dont think Ive ever heard that as a name and it really jumped out at me.

Racine February 9th, 2010 10:34 AM

I love August, Archer and Henry. Rocco is really cute too! Great names....good luck choosing one of them...

taralyn February 9th, 2010 10:41 AM

I'm feeling you! I thought we had it narrowed down to two but I don't like either of them now. Dh really likes the name rachel for some reason but I don't know. Ugh. I'm the worst at naming anything!

That being said all the names you picked are cute. I really like archer... It's super cute!

CanadianLou February 9th, 2010 10:50 AM

Yes, I am having a much harder time this time around! It was a lot easier with our first. We have it down to 3 first names we like and 2 varriations of middle names. LOL So I understand. DH keep saying we should just keep it to the 3 names we have and wait until we see her, but I'm worried that I'll see her and still not know and then have a such a short time to pick between 3 names.

Out of the names you have my favs are:

Archer
Griffin
Sawyer
Bennet