JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Not as much baby movement? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/1869864-not-much-baby-movement.html)

emmabear February 10th, 2010 06:00 PM

Not as much baby movement?

The last couple of days I haven't felt the baby much. I usually feel him in spurts but these couple of days have been quiet. I'll feel the odd movement here and there but less than usual. I know my nurse told me last week that I should feel ten movements an hour...but it's nowhere close to that. I was on a fetal monitor last week for a day and the baby looked wonderful. Is it possible that he's just kind of a chill little guy?

Is everyone else feeling crazy movement? I keep reading about getting kicked all the time hard in the bladder and ribs...I don't really get any of that at all. I feel him twist a bit but that's about all.

ChrissySTL February 10th, 2010 06:05 PM

Re: Not as much baby movement?

I dont have crazy movement like everyone else does, never have. My little guy definitely does not move 10 times an hour that I can feel, on an hourly basis. I just notice that he moves some throughout the day and usually more at night. Other than that, I dont really do the counts.

MichelleN February 10th, 2010 06:06 PM

There are some days that I feel crazy movement, but then there are some days that I feell only a little movement. If you are concerned (I'm a worrywart) I would talk to your doctor about this.

mandyalsomommy February 10th, 2010 06:07 PM

I still have times i go close to a day without feeling her much at all unless i really work at it. I am overweight though, and my placenta is anterior, which makes it have like a pillow effect between her movements and me.
They are all little tiny people and It's very possible that he's just chilling. I know her most active time is around 1-2 am, and it's not strong enough to wake me, i only know about it because fo how many late nights I've had lately. Do you know if your placenta is anterior or posterier?

emmabear February 10th, 2010 06:17 PM

Oh okay, good. I was worried that everyone else was feeling a lot more than I was, so it's reassuring to hear you ladies are feeling about the same.

I have a regular (front facing) placenta, whichever that is called. :) I have an appt tomorrow anyways, just a regularly scheduled one, so I will let the dr know then. I'm sure it's not a big deal. I feel better now after hearing your stories too.

lauriebeth February 10th, 2010 06:20 PM

I have an anterior placenta and, depending on the baby's position, I feel various amounts of movement. Today, the doctor said if you don't feel ten movements in two hours... to which I asked, "Every 2 hours?" She explained that it wasn't every two hours, just during a couple periods of the day because the baby is sleeping, etc.

CanadianLou February 10th, 2010 06:22 PM

I also wanted to say that I heard it's not 10 movements every hour of every day, but 10 movements in one hour 3 times a day. If that makes sense.

But just talk to your dr. tomorrow at your appointment.

I am over weight and have an anterior placenta (on the front on my uterus), so I don't feel as much as some people discribe, but I still feel movement.

krissy1989 February 10th, 2010 06:25 PM

You're close to where I'm at in this pregnancy, and I've noticed that Caleb's movements aren't as frequent or sporadic as they used to be. I believe that's because 1) they're getting bigger and thus don't have as much room to move around, and 2) they're gaining more muscle coordination, so they're movements may not seem as crazy. :) If you're worried, though, there's no harm in calling your doctor! Oh, and remember that you don't need to feel 10 movements EVERY hour. It's actually only during your baby's most active time that you're supposed to take an hour to count. This is normally twice a day that you should count (or so my Weekly Pregnancy email tells me, lol).

fibigrey February 10th, 2010 07:44 PM

This baby drives me absolutely nuts.. she will be kicking up a storm one day, active pretty much all day, then the next day she's very, very quiet with only a few twists/kicks here and there to let me know she's there..
DS was consistent.. I NEVER worried about his movements.. but I don't think he was as strong as his little sister lol

crystal22 February 10th, 2010 08:02 PM

Mine is pretty calm too...I haven't really felt him kicking the crap out of my ribs or anything like that every once in a while he will kick me I guess near my cervix and it hurts really bad but it's not a frequent thing. He mostlly is a night time baby I know he's active while I'm sleeping bc DH tells me anytime my tummy touches him he gets kicked now but I don't feel it in my sleep.

Chelnae6 February 10th, 2010 08:10 PM

Drink juice and lay on your left side. Laying on my left side normally gets her moving b/c I'm shifting her space and she doesnt really like it so she's always trying to stretch out when I lay on my left side.

Brannyt February 11th, 2010 11:18 AM

I have noticed that Brynlee's movements are also different depending on the day. Sometimes she's crazy and my whole belly is jerking around, and other times she's way more relaxed and her movements feel more like small thumps :)

I know it's hard not to worry! But, to ease your mind, it's always better to call your doc's office if that will make you feel better about it :)