JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   30 day "fitness" challenge... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/1914554-30-day-fitness-challenge.html)

redbirds March 19th, 2010 11:33 AM

30 day "fitness" challenge...

I posted this in our Secret Garden and Kris mentioned the idea of a thread like this, so I figured, why not... let's see who's interested.

Who is up for a 30 day fitness challenge? The goal is to be healthy for pregnancy. Weight may not even be a consideration if you are too paranoid about it, or it could be that you (like me) have to limit the weight gain to preven GD or pre-e (like I had with DD).

So, the 30 day challenge is an open thread. Each day, we post what we did to be "healthy" that day. If you have a goal for the 30 days, or for each day, post that as well. It may be a great way to keep each other accountable if we are on a special doc-ordered diet (i.e. for GD) or just want to be healthier in this pregnancy.

How's it sound?

At the end of my day today, I'll post my progress. Today is Day 1 for me and my goal is to eat at least 70 g of protein, cut out my mindless grazing, watch portion control and work out for at least 30 min, not heavy work out, since I haven't done anything in a while, but maybe a little bike and a circuit training or something.

TXErinC March 19th, 2010 12:08 PM

Re: 30 day "fitness" challenge...

This sounds fun and very helpful.

cabbagepatch March 19th, 2010 12:13 PM

I'm sooooo in!

My daily goals are:

at least 4 servings of fruits and vegetables but aiming for 7
at least 64 ounces of water but aiming for 72
20 minutes of exercise averaged

For those of you having trouble remembering your prenatal vitamins, you may want to add that to your daily goals!

Also, since this will be an on going thing and we have a fast moving board, you may want to subscribe to the thread by clicking "Topic Tools" above the OP. You can view your subscribed threads in your User CP.

mt23hc March 19th, 2010 12:17 PM

i'm in ;)

Pupcake74 March 19th, 2010 12:27 PM

Sounds good to me. I need to get my booty moving again. Also I notice my BP is creeping up, so with that being said I will start out small.

20 mins of either walking or biking
make sure I get plenty of water
limit my salt
take my meds and vitamin

I think thats a good place to start.

Wifey2Jordan March 19th, 2010 12:28 PM

Sounds good to me!

AtomicMama March 19th, 2010 12:43 PM

Count me in!

lulumama March 19th, 2010 01:02 PM

I'm in!
Starting small with goals:
30 minutes walking or prenatal yoga dvd each day.

If I try to revamp everything all at once, I'm sure I'll fail, and then feel badly, and then just make it all worse. So, like I said, starting small, small goals - and taking it from there!

AnnaMama March 19th, 2010 01:24 PM

Sure, I'll record what I eat and the exercise I do...if I do ANY! Good idea :)

RunningWithBoys March 19th, 2010 01:45 PM

I'm in.

My goal today is to not to overindulge at dinner. I take Fri off from exercising, but have a tendency to eat more on Friday night because we go out. I'll listen to my stomach and stop when I am full rather eating everything on my plate.

Tomorrow I will walk 5 miles during nap time.

~Kris~ March 19th, 2010 02:07 PM

Count me in for sure! :D

Exercise today:
I've walked 4 miles on the treadmill

pbcups10 March 19th, 2010 02:08 PM

Count me in. I am done teaching fitness classes in 2 weeks so need to stay motivated so laziness doesn't kick in. Plus I missed all this week anyways except today for being sick!

My goals:
3 30 minute sessions of cardio/ circuit training per week
2 20 minute strength sessions
1 yoga class (60 min)
Drink lots of water
STOP THE FAST FOOD. Ok well that won't happen, but cut down to once every two weeks.

redbirds March 19th, 2010 02:16 PM

OH, YAY!!! :cheer: I'm so happy to have you all with me through this! It will definitely spur me to BEHAVE!!! :D

cabbagepatch March 19th, 2010 07:02 PM

This has motivated me already! Accountability is great.
I had 72oz of water today, 5 servings of fruits and veggies and I took a 30 minute walk.
I wanted to be lazy and just do my 1 mile walk but knowing I had to report in here made me keep going!

redbirds March 19th, 2010 07:10 PM

Yep... I did GREAT on my portions and protein! YAY!!! I didn't get in the workout, so that is NOT good, but I realized that may be my big problem and I'm just going to focus on that more.

I got in all my vits, my water, and perfect with all the food balance :cheer: I even gave myself some dessert in a hot choc with whip cream because I did so well! :clap:

~Kris~ March 19th, 2010 07:15 PM

I took another 2 mile walk. This time was outside, with the ~20lb kid I watch strapped to my back and my 2 guys, ~65 lbs total, in the stroller.

cabbagepatch March 19th, 2010 07:19 PM

WTG Gwynne and Kris!

redbirds March 19th, 2010 07:29 PM

Good job, ladies!!! Sounds like you had GREAT walks :) I think that is my missing component. At least I now KNOW!

~Kris~ March 19th, 2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabbagepatch (Post 19507293)
This has motivated me already! Accountability is great.
I had 72oz of water today, 5 servings of fruits and veggies and I took a 30 minute walk.
I wanted to be lazy and just do my 1 mile walk but knowing I had to report in here made me keep going!

Awesome job on the water, fruits, and veggies. I hate fruit and veggies, that's my downfall.

RunningWithBoys March 20th, 2010 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asbella (Post 19504320)
I'm in.

My goal today is to not to overindulge at dinner. I take Fri off from exercising, but have a tendency to eat more on Friday night because we go out. I'll listen to my stomach and stop when I am full rather eating everything on my plate.

Well that didn't last long... :ph34r:

but I will walk the 5 miles today.