JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Couch to 5k? Any takers? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2040433-couch-to-5k-any-takers.html)

Momeejenjen July 13th, 2010 05:01 PM

Couch to 5k? Any takers?

I am going to do the Couch to 5K program starting next week (pending an OK from my OB).

I plan to run a 5K in Dec.

I'm not new to running by any means, I am a former triathelete... I've done a 1/2 marathon and many 5k runs, I plan on running again, It really helped me get my weight off and keep it off.

Anyone Care to Join?

emschic July 13th, 2010 05:39 PM

Re: Couch to 5k? Any takers?

I am interested... I am not that new to running, but I have never ran in a race of any kind. I was running quite a bit when I found out I was pregnant with the twins, and then due to my past pg history, I quit anything stenuous. I do think that it has helped me loose a lot of the weight. My girls are a little over 2 weeks old and I was able to get into (and be comfy) pre-pregnant shorts last night. I don't know when my OB will release me, I go for my 4 week check-up on 7/27. What is the couch to 5k challenge? I love being fit and how much better I feel physically and mentally when I am in shape :)

Mama Chemist 73 July 13th, 2010 06:57 PM

My DH and I were thinking about doing a 5K in the spring, but walking. Would this qualify?

Charizomai July 13th, 2010 07:56 PM

I'm not new to running. I ran cross country track in high school, but I really do not LIKE running all that much, but Im willing to give it a try! I'd love to be able to run a couple miles... just trying to figure out HOW to do all that with this darn csection recovery..Its been 8 weeks and when I do any type of jump movement it feels wierd..... :/

kimmiejo July 14th, 2010 04:57 AM

hmmm I hate running LOL but I just started, well jogging anyway. I always say I want to run a 5K but I am not sure I can commit, is there an actual plan or something?

♥susan♥ July 15th, 2010 11:46 AM

I had just started this before getting preggo so yes, I am up for trying it again!

CandaceDianne July 15th, 2010 07:20 PM

I got hooked on this a year and a half ago, then went on to the one-hour runner program. I don't know if I want to get into running 3 miles again, it just depends on time. I do plan on continuing to jog, as I did today, but just not necessarily for longer distances. :)

SpydrMnky27 July 21st, 2010 09:24 PM

I downloaded a Couch 2 5k app for my iphone! I'm in!

cfm July 22nd, 2010 07:29 AM

I love the idea of couch to 5k but i don't have the patience. I feel like I can get to 5k way sooner! But who knows if I actually can.