JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   ZZzzz **Sleeping Babies** ZZzzz (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2049869-zzzzz-sleeping-babies-zzzzz.html)

white.house July 22nd, 2010 02:16 PM

ZZzzz **Sleeping Babies** ZZzzz

Where will you LO be sleeping at night?? For naps?

Do you think you will be paranoid at night when LO is asleep (ex. checking their room frequently?)?

Audio monitor, video monitor, audio+video monitor, sensing pad, other?

How will you position your LO to go to sleep (body position, blankets, swaddlers, etc)?

Who will get up in the middle of the night to tend to baby?

Will you wake up baby for scheduled feedings or feed when s/he wakes up?

Will you let you LO fall asleep with a paci/bottle?

Bumpers or no bumpers on the crib? Will you take out the bumpers when baby goes to sleep?

Later on, when will you start to put your LO down to sleep at night?

alethia July 22nd, 2010 02:20 PM

Re: ZZzzz **Sleeping Babies** ZZzzz

Where will you LO be sleeping at night?? For naps? in a co-sleeper, on me or in the co-sleeper

Do you think you will be paranoid at night when LO is asleep (ex. checking their room frequently?)? Yes!

Audio monitor, video monitor, audio+video monitor, sensing pad, other? nope

How will you position your LO to go to sleep (body position, blankets, swaddlers, etc)? on her back swaddled

Who will get up in the middle of the night to tend to baby? me

Will you wake up baby for scheduled feedings or feed when s/he wakes up? feed when she wakes up

Will you let you LO fall asleep with a paci/bottle? with a paci yes

Bumpers or no bumpers on the crib? Will you take out the bumpers when baby goes to sleep? no bumpers

Later on, when will you start to put your LO down to sleep at night? not sure yet, DS bed-time is at 8

mrsdaiwa24 July 22nd, 2010 02:22 PM

Where will you LO be sleeping at night?? For naps? She'll be in the bassinet section of her pack and play for a while. The PNP will be in our room until we move her into her crib, then it will go downstairs.

Do you think you will be paranoid at night when LO is asleep (ex. checking their room frequently?)? Ha! I'm sure I'll be up every half hour in those first few weeks checking on her!

Audio monitor, video monitor, audio+video monitor, sensing pad, other? Audio monitor.

How will you position your LO to go to sleep (body position, blankets, swaddlers, etc)? We'll put her in the body positioner for a while (on her back).

Who will get up in the middle of the night to tend to baby? As long as I'm exclusively BF, it'll me be.

Will you wake up baby for scheduled feedings or feed when s/he wakes up? Hmmm....what are you supposed to do???????

Will you let you LO fall asleep with a paci/bottle? Bottle, no. Binkie, we'll see.

Bumpers or no bumpers on the crib? Will you take out the bumpers when baby goes to sleep? No bumpers once she moves to the crib until she's old enough.

Later on, when will you start to put your LO down to sleep at night? When it's time for Mommy to gave a glass of pinot grigio!!! :D

*Bobbie* July 22nd, 2010 02:24 PM

We co-sleep (bed share actually) so he will sleep with me. I will nurse on demand. He will be swaddled in a blanket on his back. Night time seems to be the easiest time with a newborn for me. No distractions ;)

redbirds July 22nd, 2010 02:26 PM

Where will you LO be sleeping at night?? For naps? at night... in the pnp right next to me for easy nursing! Naps... probably in his crib or the swing or the bouncy chair.

Do you think you will be paranoid at night when LO is asleep (ex. checking their room frequently?)? probably not too badly, since he'll be right with me, but when he sleeps at night in the crib in the nursery, you bet my sleeping gets REALLY light and that monitor is on as loud as I can get it.

Audio monitor, video monitor, audio+video monitor, sensing pad, other? Audio

How will you position your LO to go to sleep (body position, blankets, swaddlers, etc)? swaddling, with blanket while he can't get out of it, when he can wiggle out of it, the blankets will be gone and he'll be in a strict sleep sack or swaddle suit.

Who will get up in the middle of the night to tend to baby? Um, yeah, that would be me.

Will you wake up baby for scheduled feedings or feed when s/he wakes up? I probably won't wake him up to feed, I want to see how long he can go through the night, for the most part, we'll do on demand feedings (and those cluster feedings are INSANE!)

Will you let you LO fall asleep with a paci/bottle? maybe a paci if he takes it (won't offer it unless he's colicky, DD didn't use it and it ended up great), and no to the bottle (bad for forming teeth and gums).

Bumpers or no bumpers on the crib? Will you take out the bumpers when baby goes to sleep? yes on the bumpers, but not til baby can move his head around when he needs to.

Later on, when will you start to put your LO down to sleep at night? Hmmm... I can't remember. I think DD started going to sleep around 7 pm and slept nearly 12 hours... She's now going to bed at 8:00-8:30 (closer to 8:30 thanks to the late sunsets), and getting up around 7a. When the sun sets earlier, we'll try to get back to closer to 8p than 8:30p.

AtomicMama July 22nd, 2010 02:48 PM

Where will you LO be sleeping at night?? For naps? With me or in his crib at night, whichever works better. And wherever for naps. He'll have his crib in my room and a pnp in the main room.

Do you think you will be paranoid at night when LO is asleep (ex. checking their room frequently?)? Yep :)

Audio monitor, video monitor, audio+video monitor, sensing pad, other? Audio monitor for naps so I can go into a different room if I need to.

How will you position your LO to go to sleep (body position, blankets, swaddlers, etc)? Swaddled if he likes it, on his back.

Who will get up in the middle of the night to tend to baby? Me, of course :D

Will you wake up baby for scheduled feedings or feed when s/he wakes up? Just when he wakes up

Will you let you LO fall asleep with a paci/bottle? Pacifier if he wants it

Bumpers or no bumpers on the crib? Will you take out the bumpers when baby goes to sleep? If he uses his crib, I'll keep the bumber out until he's older and starts moving around more and I drop his crib down.

Later on, when will you start to put your LO down to sleep at night? Whenever he starts to get tired.

AnnaMama July 22nd, 2010 02:49 PM

Where will you LO be sleeping at night?? For naps? She'll be next to me at night in the bassinet/moses basket, for naps she'll be in her swing.

Do you think you will be paranoid at night when LO is asleep (ex. checking their room frequently?)? Yep, I'll probably be checking her every half an hour as well as having the monitor.

Audio monitor, video monitor, audio+video monitor, sensing pad, other? Audio monitor

How will you position your LO to go to sleep (body position, blankets, swaddlers, etc)? On her back swaddled

Who will get up in the middle of the night to tend to baby? Me, probably 90% of the time.

Will you wake up baby for scheduled feedings or feed when s/he wakes up? When she wants to so on demand, I was told on average newborns feed about 7 times a day, and they won't let themselves go hungry :lol:

Will you let you LO fall asleep with a paci/bottle? Don't think we will use pacis unless we have too.

Bumpers or no bumpers on the crib? Will you take out the bumpers when baby goes to sleep? Yes we will have bumpers, and remove them when needed.

Later on, when will you start to put your LO down to sleep at night?[/B] We'll see what pattern she gets into and what fits her best. (I would say around 7pm at first though)

Justjessie July 22nd, 2010 03:18 PM

Where will you LO be sleeping at night?? For naps? Her crib in her bedroom. Possibly in the pack and play downstairs for naps with me if the kids aren't being loud.

Do you think you will be paranoid at night when LO is asleep (ex. checking their room frequently?)? No. But my husband will be.

Audio monitor, video monitor, audio+video monitor, sensing pad, other? I want none of this but my husband wants all of it.

How will you position your LO to go to sleep (body position, blankets, swaddlers, etc)? On her back, in a sleeper.

Who will get up in the middle of the night to tend to baby? Both of us.

Will you wake up baby for scheduled feedings or feed when s/he wakes up? Feed when she wakes up unless it's excessive then we quit breastfeeding and try everything again with a bottle.

Will you let you LO fall asleep with a paci/bottle? Paci, absolutely. Bottle, no.

Bumpers or no bumpers on the crib? Will you take out the bumpers when baby goes to sleep? Bumpers, I guess...I know they say it's dangerous but my kids never scooted in their sleep. If she's a wiggleworm, out they come.

Later on, when will you start to put your LO down to sleep at night? Probably around 8 pm, around the same time the other kids go to bed.

~Kris~ July 22nd, 2010 03:19 PM

Where will you LO be sleeping at night?? For naps? Baby will be in the crib at night. Hopefully naps will be there too, but if baby falls asleep in the living room (with all the noise) that's fine too

Do you think you will be paranoid at night when LO is asleep (ex. checking their room frequently?)? Nope

Audio monitor, video monitor, audio+video monitor, sensing pad, other? Nothing-our room is just down a short hallway from the baby's room

How will you position your LO to go to sleep (body position, blankets, swaddlers, etc)? On back, most likely swaddled

Who will get up in the middle of the night to tend to baby? Me because of BFing and hubby has to get up and go to work whereas I'll be at home

Will you wake up baby for scheduled feedings or feed when s/he wakes up? Will feed when baby wakes up

Will you let you LO fall asleep with a paci/bottle? Pacifier-it depends on if baby seems to need it. Bottle/BFing-if baby happens to fall asleep during a feeding, that's fine, but I would never put an older baby down with a bottle to put themselves to sleep. I believe babies should always be held while being fed until they are sitting in a chair, drinking from a cup

Bumpers or no bumpers on the crib? Will you take out the bumpers when baby goes to sleep? No bumpers

Later on, when will you start to put your LO down to sleep at night?[/b] My boys did well with going down around 10 pm, sleeping until 4 am, feeding, then going back to bed for a few more hours

dani. July 22nd, 2010 03:28 PM

Where will you LO be sleeping at night?? For naps? Naps: Pack-n-Play, crib or bassinet [until he reaches the weight limit]. Night: Bassinet [until he reaches the weight limit] or crib.

Do you think you will be paranoid at night when LO is asleep (ex. checking their room frequently?)?
Of course, I still check on my DD at night.

Audio monitor, video monitor, audio+video monitor, sensing pad, other?
Sensing pad then video monitor.

How will you position your LO to go to sleep (body position, blankets, swaddlers, etc)? Whatever works for him - DD slept on her tummy.

Who will get up in the middle of the night to tend to baby?
Of course.

Will you wake up baby for scheduled feedings or feed when s/he wakes up?
When he wakes up.

Will you let you LO fall asleep with a paci/bottle?
Paci yes - bottle no-no.

Bumpers or no bumpers on the crib? Will you take out the bumpers when baby goes to sleep?
Bumpers - yes & no - I will not take them out when he sleeps.

Later on, when will you start to put your LO down to sleep at night?
Depends on the schedule & his needs.