JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   c-section & losing weight (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2063259-c-section-and-losing-weight.html)

npayne August 4th, 2010 04:58 PM

c-section & losing weight

It's been 5 weeks since my c-section, and I'm still hurting at my incision. (I had complications during surgery & had to be cut completely across my belly). The only thing I can do for exercise is walking, and if I go too fast I'll be sore later.
If you had a c-section, what are you doing for exercise? What does your belly look like? I still have a huge pooch...it looks & feels like a spare tire down there.

SpydrMnky27 August 4th, 2010 06:47 PM

Re: c-section & losing weight

At 5 weeks, I was still hurting at the incision but at 6 weeks I was not. I was not able to run at 6 weeks with out a little pulling at the incision site but at 8 weeks, all was good. Maybe you just need a few more weeks.

My stomach is a mess but it's from stretchmarks and stretched out skin at the belly button. My incision looks way better than it did with my 1st c-section. I don't have any flap or spare tire but it certainly is not flat. That is mostly due to having diastasis recti (separation of ab muscles). I can stick about 2 fingers inside my stomach when lying down in a crunch position. It's gross. I look pregnant still. I can tell it's getting better but it's taking way too long.

CandaceDianne August 5th, 2010 06:43 AM

I still have a slight flap, but its definitly flattened out a LOT! My incision was still sensitive at 6 weeks pp. When I ran for the first time it felt funny, but did not hurt. Have you had your 6 week check up? Ask your doctor for some suggestions since you were opened up more. I am walking/jogging, doing hand weights and core work outs (ab focused).

npayne August 5th, 2010 12:21 PM

I have my 6-week check-up on Monday. This is my second c-section, so I already had stretch marks & a little extra skin from the first pregnancy. When I touch my "flap" it's tingly in some spots and numb in some spots. It's uncomfortable when getting dressed and my clothing brushes against it.

I am doing some dumbells along with walking. I can't even imagine doing situps or anything involving my abs right now...just the thought of it makes my belly hurt. I guess I just haven't healed enough yet, and I need to be patient. I still have 12 pounds of pregnancy weight to lose (I've lost 35 already). Plus I want to lose an extra 10 pounds that I gained while trying to get pregnant.

Mama Chemist 73 August 5th, 2010 12:37 PM

I'm 8 wks out and I still have a little bit of a flap and I also have the tingly, numb spots as well. I haven't run, but walking and riding a bike are fine for me. I agree with the others in that maybe you just need a bit more time. Sounds like your incision was more substancial so healing will/may take longer.