JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Chase's Birth Story (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2086380-chases-birth-story.html)

The Heather August 27th, 2010 06:24 PM

Chase's Birth Story

I went in on Wednesday, August 25th, for my induction. I was already 3 cm dialated, so we thought it would go well. After going through an entire round of pitocin (all the way to the maximum dosage), I still didn't have any strong contractions and was still only 3 cm. So they stopped the pitocin and they let me eat some dinner (the best turkey sandwich ever...:lol: I was hungry). I walked the halls for a while and then went back to my room. Stephen hadnít eaten dinner yet and we still had plenty of time (or so we thought) so he ran down the street to get some food. We were preparing for a long night! While he was gone, the doctor came in about 8:15 PM and they were getting ready to start my pitocin again. She decided to break my water to help things progress. However, when she broke my water she found that the umbilical cord was below his head. She was able to move it out of the way, but it was too unstable to chance a delivery. She told me I needed a c-section and called in the other nurse. I frantically called Stephen to tell him what happened so he could come back and I was immediately rushed into the operating room for an emergency c-section. From the time I called Stephen to the time Chase was delivered was only 10 minutes! Chase was born at 8:26 pm on August 25th and was 7 lbs 12 oz and 19 Ĺ inches long. Stephen was able to meet Chase in the nursery only a couple of minutes after he was born and then came to see me in the recovery room. After getting my pain under control, we were moved into a post partum room and the nurses brought Chase in so I could meet him. Everything changed and happened so quickly, but went as smoothly as it could have considering the circumstances. I guess Chase wanted to make a dramatic entrance into this world!

lexicon August 27th, 2010 07:03 PM

Re: Chase's Birth Story

Wow... I can't imagine how scary that would be but I'm glad they were able to get him out so quickly! Chase is living up to his name! :lol:

helen123 August 28th, 2010 09:17 PM

Wow! Incredible! So quick! Glad everything turned out fine!

mrsdaiwa24 August 29th, 2010 03:48 AM

Wow!!! I'm so glad to see they were able to get Chase out quickly. I hope your recovery is going well.

Thanks for sharing!

amonstersmomma August 29th, 2010 05:06 AM

Definitely a dramatic entrance, so glad the doctor was able to act quickly! Hope your recovery is speedy!

momof8lopez August 29th, 2010 06:08 AM

I wish things could of went more smoothly for you, but so HAPPY they got Chase out quickly and you are both healthy! Congrats on your little boy!!

sassysarah August 29th, 2010 07:07 AM

Congrats on your little boy. I'm sure an emergency c-section is a scary thing but thank goodness they can do that and get the baby out safely. Hope your recovery goes well.

lovely_serendipity August 29th, 2010 07:10 AM

Congrats on ur new lil boy!!! You had a lil bit of a bumpy start but Im glad they were able to get him out so quickly!!!

mt23hc August 29th, 2010 08:38 AM

Congrats! Glad you're both safe & healthy!

cabbagepatch August 29th, 2010 11:13 AM

Definitely scary but so happy that you were given prompt attention and that Chase arrived safe and sound!!! Hope your recovery is really fast. :)

KatieBunny August 29th, 2010 02:05 PM

Sorry about the emergency c-section but I'm glad everything went well! Congrats!

C&J's Mom August 30th, 2010 08:11 AM

Sorry about the emergency c-section without your DH there! That must have been scary. But I'm so glad that you and baby Chase are ok and doing well! Congrats!

~Kris~ August 30th, 2010 06:36 PM

Glad you are both okay! I hope you have a smooth recovery.

RunningWithBoys September 3rd, 2010 02:01 PM

What a crazy story! I am so glad Chase arrived healthy and happy.
Congrats Tenli!

MariaL September 4th, 2010 09:39 AM

How scary! I'm so glad that you are both OK! Congratulations!

amymgem September 6th, 2010 11:18 AM

You're a champ! Hope you're enjoying your time with Chase and that you're healing up quickly!

wild&free September 9th, 2010 01:05 PM

Wow, I would have been terrified, but it seems like you handled everything incredibly!!! Glad that baby Chase had a safe arrival! Congrats!