JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   How many of you are doing the new Weight Watchers Points PLus? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2188973-how-many-you-doing-new-weight-watchers-points-plus.html)

Amanda C December 13th, 2010 05:37 PM

How many of you are doing the new Weight Watchers Points PLus?

How different is it from the regular plan?

We don't have meetings here and in the past I've done WW through their At Home Kit then I've upgraded my materials as needed via Ebay.

I'm trying to decide if I should buy the new Points Plus materials and try that route.

Right now I'm in a long stall:(

JaxonsMom2010 December 14th, 2010 10:55 AM

Re: How many of you are doing the new Weight Watchers Points PLus?

I personally don't like it. I kind of stopped doing it even though I still have an active account/subscription.

Jennifer-Jacob's Mommy December 14th, 2010 11:18 AM

I am doing it.. I kinda like it. It is tryin to encourage people to eat more fruits and veggies then the 100 calorie stuff and processed meats,etc.

such as a granola bar that used to be 2 points is now 4 points, but all fruit and most veggies are 0 points. See what I mean, there trying to get you to eat more protein,etc.

I like it because its a little bit different and i knew the other plan well lol, this requires me again to stop and look what im eating .. kinda of motivation in a weird kind of way! if you wanna chat about it, i can add u to my msn and we can chat er up! :) good luck! :)

Carmoma December 14th, 2010 09:04 PM

I'm doing it and loving it. Doesn't feel like a diet because I'm never hungry. I've lost almost 6 lbs in just two weeks (I think most was water weight). I never did the old plan so I can't compare but I don't see anything I don't like on this pointsplus plan.

Amanda C December 15th, 2010 04:43 AM

How many points a day do you get Carmen? I was told that the daily points ranges changed also. Just curious:)

becker206 December 17th, 2010 08:02 PM

I am on it - I haven't been strict on it though yet. I plan on jumping on the points tracking wagon on Monday and staying really strict with it. I love the new plan!!!! I love that fruits and veggies are free. And yes with the way it works foods are usually more points than before but you get more points in your day now too so it all evens out.

Carmoma January 14th, 2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda C (Post 22442265)
How many points a day do you get Carmen? I was told that the daily points ranges changed also. Just curious:)

I'm so sorry I didn't see this until just now, a month later! I get 36 daily points (part-time nursing).

frgsonmysox January 16th, 2011 10:57 PM

I want to do WW soooo badly, but they won't let me join as they say my weight is within 5 lbs of what they deem my goal weight to be - even though I'm 10 lbs from MY goal weight.

LisaBrown January 17th, 2011 07:25 AM

I need to get back on track...I've stayed the same (back to pre-preggo weight) but I still need to loose a few more pounds. I just have NO motivation for anything these days...blah!