JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   How late CAN a cyst make your period? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2190506-how-late-can-cyst-make-your-period.html)

krissy1989 December 15th, 2010 08:22 AM

How late CAN a cyst make your period?

I'm starting to get a little nervous. My cycle is usually around 29 days long, give or take a couple days, and now I'm on CD36. Do you think I should be worried? I would say that we've been careful, though some people don't think that putting a condom on at the end of sex is "safe." It's worked for us this far, though.

I don't know. I just hate getting a teensy worried every month for no reason, but now that my period's late, I'm like, "What if it's not just the cyst?"

I looked back over my period records, and my period wasn't 10 days late with my last cyst like I thought it had been. It was only a week late. So, I'm about a week late now, but I don't feel like she's coming like I did that time. I'll give AF a few more days to arrive, but if she doesn't, do you think I should test?

Sorry that it seems like I've posted pregnancy worries every month. -_-

Love_the_Shoes December 15th, 2010 10:12 AM

Re: How late CAN a cyst make your period?

yes--I'd test now but I love to pee on sticks.

Cysts do delay your period--so maybe add that with holiday stress..are you eating a lot of sweets and holiday food? Change in diet can effect AF too.

Brannyt December 15th, 2010 10:59 AM

I don't know for sure, but if you're that late I would definitely test, just to ease your mind :) If you do, you better KUP girl!

fibigrey December 15th, 2010 11:27 AM

I have no idea about cysts and periods.. the only cyst I had was while I was preggo :P but I would test anyways.. its a valid reason, and its not like you're just worrying for no reason, you're late. I agree with kristen though, it could be the cyst and added stress of christmas and whatnot.

JaxonsMom2010 December 15th, 2010 11:37 AM

Poas!!!!!!!!!

Now!!!!!

:d

Jannell December 15th, 2010 12:10 PM

I'd test!

Amanda C December 15th, 2010 12:17 PM

IDK I'd test.

sarah* December 15th, 2010 12:17 PM

test, test, test, test *chants* lol

palmetto_moon December 15th, 2010 12:22 PM

Krissy- go test! If nothing else, then for the entertainment of us ladies here on the board! I like to pee on sticks too, so I test the second I'm late.
Is it totally wrong that i'm laughing about the fact that you've had to worry at least five out of the eight months since we've had our babies....really I'm not laughing AT you...just the situation. Poor girl! You must be so stressed each month!

becker206 December 15th, 2010 01:01 PM

I wouldn't wait, I'd just test now so you don't stress about it the next few days.

dbarney December 15th, 2010 01:10 PM

I had a few cysts make my periods late by about 8-12 day a lot so that's a big possibility but I still tested as I'm a big POAS addict so much that I really really really want you to test

krissy1989 December 15th, 2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Is it totally wrong that i'm laughing about the fact that you've had to worry at least five out of the eight months since we've had our babies....really I'm not laughing AT you...just the situation. Poor girl! You must be so stressed each month!
It's okay. I laugh at me, too. :lol: I don't think I've been late yet with my worrying, at least not this late. Normally, I just freak myself out because I think about becoming pregnant all the time, so usually my concerns aren't based on any real evidence. LoL. I'm pathetic, I know. ;)

Anyway, I'm going to just take a dollar test tomorrow with FMU, just to ease my mind. That is, if my period doesn't show up overnight. :)

CanadianLou December 15th, 2010 01:33 PM

oooo can't wait to hear the results!

JaxonsMom2010 December 15th, 2010 02:27 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

OOO!!! We might have another preggo!!! :D

amazing_love December 15th, 2010 02:50 PM

I would totally test too... i actually DID test just a couple days ago with a dollar store test. LOL. Then my period started the next day :P

sweatshirtgirl December 15th, 2010 04:10 PM

I had that cyst for a few years and my period was always on time (within a few days). I'd test thought just to ease your mind. But like others said, stress can do it. And from all my time on the charting board before this pregnancy, I learned that once you ovulate, your period will be here in about the same amt of time each month. If you're late, it because something (i.e. stress/diet etc) made you OVULATE late so it would have been something a few weeks ago...probably didn't explain that well!

Anyway, good luck!

QueenCrafty December 15th, 2010 04:12 PM

If you're already this late, you might as well test tonight! :lol: I'm a POAS pusher though

TettymuhBear December 15th, 2010 04:28 PM

:popcorn:

...On a side note, if you get a BFN have you considered natural family planning? Just avoid DTD when you're most likely ovulating (or maybe use a condom the whole time you DTD during that time). You can use a free online ovulation calculator like the one here: Ovulation Calculator, Ovulation Calendar | MyMonthlyCycles i'm pretty sure that if you have an account with them, you can opt to get email alerts for different things.

krissy1989 December 15th, 2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

On a side note, if you get a BFN have you considered natural family planning? Just avoid DTD when you're most likely ovulating (or maybe use a condom the whole time you DTD during that time).
Yeah...that's how Caleb was conceived! :lol: I was taking my temperature and everything, and STILL screwed up, so I lost confidence in myself when it comes to interpreting those signs. LOL

Anyway...I'm at my moms again tonight, so I'll have to wait until I get home tomorrow to take pictures of the test that I take. So be patient, ladies! :lol:

Max n Meghan's Mom December 15th, 2010 06:54 PM

Patient? Really? Pee NOW, now, NOW! :D